Any science-fantasy fans?

Voadam

Legend
Two questions - do you know anything, or at least heard of the comic series? Second - are there many fans of science fantasy out there?
One, first I've heard of it.

Two, I couldn't say how many but I know there are some.

I am currently running (and third year into) a 5e D&D conversion of the pathfinder Iron Gods adventure path which is a sci-fi in D&D themed campaign and having a great time. As a kid I was a big fan of Thundar the Barbarian, and shows like the animated Flash Gordon, Thundercats, Herculoids, and He-Man which mixed fantasy and sci-fi.

I have a bunch of fantasy sci-fi RPG setting books (some D&D or OSR, some non-D&D based) and enjoy them.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Sci-fantasy is exactly my preferred speculative fiction genre.

The game I’m working on is sci-fantasy set in 3 main eras (turn of the 20th, 21st, or 23rd, Century) where the world is our world, but magic is real and Hidden Folk abound, all in secret.

The future era especially has things like hard-light blades and shields, warp tech that is powered by magical energy transfer and rare elements forged in artificial stars called Star Forges. Ships are controlled by a living crew that are “meshed” in to a complex computer system, allowing them to sense through the ship’s sensors and through the computer connected to eachother.

Remove ads