Anybody read/play “Feed, the vampire mythos RPG”?

VelvetViolet

Adventurer
Feed is a self-described "vampire mythos" RPG, funded thru kickstarter and released in 2013/2014, that provides groups with guidelines for inventing their own strains of vampirism. It has a humanity mechanic not unlike 90s urban fantasy games, but this works more like a lightside/darkside mechanic and ties into the unorthodox way that character traits work. The game includes four sample settings and an analysis of trends in vampire fiction dating back to the 19th century.

I noticed that this game doesn't seem to be very popular. I'm surprised and disappointed, since IMO this game has probably the best mechanics that I've ever seen in the subgenre. They're not too complicated, pretty abstracted by RPG standards, and they support the intended themes rather than contradict them.

Anybody else aware of this? Interested in running it? Just want to talk?

VelvetViolet

Adventurer
I'm currently working on a homebrew for werewolves. While it should be easy to represent Nightlife-style werewolves in Feed as is (and I plan to do a Nightlife conversion one of these days), I am devising special rules for representing werewolves as uniquely as vampires are. You can find my notes so far here: Werewolves for Feed

I have some ideas for representing other monster archetypes too, like frankensteins and magicians, but I haven't fleshed those out.

Remove ads