Pathfinder 1E Anyone else excited about the Pathfinder MMO?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Frankly, I'd rather they created a robust iPad app for the Pathfinder RPG rather than an MMORPG.

However, I'm not a big MMO person anyway, so I'm not the target audience for it.

Qik

First Post
I hope they do well with it, but I would not say I am super excited at this point.

This is more or less how I feel: good for Paizo, but not something that is a big draw for me personally.

I don't have a ton of MMO experience, but I have to say that I've never really been bitten by the bug.

PatCap

Explorer
I think what would be great is if they released an MMO and included the various AP's as playable content. I am excited about the MMO, but not too sure how it will work. I could catch up on the blogs here https://goblinworks.com/blog/index.html#20120104 but it is alot of reading. I think a co-op game, that you could play online with several friends, and play through the various AP's would be really awesome, but I don't think this will be anything like that..

JeffB

Legend
Another well wisher but have no interest whatsoever.

Id much rather see a BB expansion/Expert set and adventure support.

AeroDm

First Post
Not super excited, but optimistic. My main concern is that they don't spread themselves too thin and have other products decline. I have this fear of outside investors being able to divert resources in a similar fashion to Hasbro over WotC. I vaguely recall that they made sure that can't happen, but it is still my main fear.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
Not only am I pessimistic about the MMO, I'd be willing to put money on the game never even reaching the market. They had to have a Kickstarter to fund a tech demo, for cryin' out loud. I do hope I'm wrong, of course, as I'd love to play the game. Here's hoping I eat my words.

Tarek

Explorer
They're moving into a *very* crowded space.

Fantasy-based MMORPGs are very common. World of Warcraft certainly leads the pack, but you've got RIFT, TERA Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest, Everquest II, Guild Wars, Guild Wars II, Lineage, Lineage II, and dozens of lesser-known "free to play/freemium/free in browser" worlds.

Even making it a more 'sandbox' sort of setting, it still is competing with tons of other MMORPGs in the same genre.

Remove ads