• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Anyone Else Tired of the Wizards Bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSword

Legend
it’s like the Mastercard advert says…

…A good set of sturdy boots $100
…hiring agents to recover misappropriate cards $1500
…replacing with the real cards $4,000

… Using said cards serial numbers to find the leaker in their distribution...priceless!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
and they wanted to find out who that was from him
I sure hope you've never had to investigate anything, because YouTube Guy is really low on the list of people they need to talk to, especially since they know he'll immediately announce that it happened on YouTube.
He bought a different set from what was being delivered.
But he bought them. The fact that someone upstream stuck the wrong stuff in the box that he eventually purchased does not magically make him not the purchaser.

Now, if the allegation that he knowingly purchased possibly stolen merchandise is proven (like when a jury convicts him of possession of stolen property), that's different. But everyone preferring that version of events should remember that WotC doesn't believe he committed a crime.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I believe he's saying that because the food was paid for by someone it's not theft.
That makes no sense to me. That would just mean that they didn't rob the delivery guy or the restaurant, but they certainly robbed the guy who paid for the food.

If, on the other hand, the scenario is like a Pizza, where the guy shows up with the food and wants payment, and you PAY for it, all you stole was someone's time ordering it, which isn't much of a crime, but is a jerk thing to do.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Sorry... what? They paid for the food that was given to them by mistake? Now I'm not following you.
Okay, so this happens almost monthly:

You order say, South of the Border: Crab Enchilada, some of those ground beef empandas, and a Coke.

You Recieve: Chicken Enchilada, nachos and a Sprite.

Your choices are: to spend an hour dealing with the Doordash Chat thing where they disconnect you if you take more than three seconds to type any reply, spend two hours trying to get someone on the phone, or just eat the damn thing and apparently be considered a thief for some reason.

Raiztt

Adventurer
That makes no sense to me. That would just mean that they didn't rob the delivery guy or the restaurant, but they certainly robbed the guy who paid for the food.

If, on the other hand, the scenario is like a Pizza, where the guy shows up with the food and wants payment, and you PAY for it, all you stole was someone's time ordering it, which isn't much of a crime, but is a jerk thing to do.
I do not know him well, so this is purely speculation, but I would imagine when it comes to ethical dichotomies he leans toward utilitarianism and not deontology - at least that's what it seems like to me - which is why he and some people disagree so vehemently despite knowing the same set of facts.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
… Using said cards serial numbers to find the leaker in their distribution...priceless!
If I can look at a penny and see where in the US it was minted, WotC should definitely figure out some way to track their cards better, since they can't seem to get a handle on their distribution chain.

Raiztt

Adventurer
Okay, so this happens almost monthly:

You order say, South of the Border: Crab Enchilada, some of those ground beef empandas, and a Coke.

You Recieve: Chicken Enchilada, nachos and a Sprite.

Your choices are: to spend an hour dealing with the Doordash Chat thing where they disconnect you if you take more than three seconds to type any reply, spend two hours trying to get someone on the phone, or just eat the damn thing and apparently be considered a thief for some reason.
This is not the same scenario at all, it's completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads