WotC Anyone Else Tired of the Wizards Bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamba

Legend
Isn't it crazy that so many people in this thread defend WotC even though WotC apologized for sending armed thugs to intimidate someone? You guys don't even agree with WotC when they say they went too far!
So when I agree with WotC I am shill for them and when I disagree it is still not ok :D

I don't care whether they apologized. From a damage control perspective it is the right thing to do. That does not mean I have to consider what they did wrong.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
WotC doesn't believe he committed a crime.
WotC doesn't believe he committed a crime AFTER they finally spoke to him about it. It seems that they REALLY THOUGHT that he was some kind of mastermind before they finally got ahold of him and found out what had actually happened. Talk about egg on their face!

it's almost like one group of fans are willing to overlook WotC's past actions (the whole 30th-anniversary nonsense) since they more than likely don't know nor care what the OGL fiasco is/was instead of being fixated on it.

Yeah, but they do know about the complete debacle that was the Magic 30th Anniversary set. We've all but got confirmation that it didn't sell out; they just stopped selling it.

And they should know that Bank of America double-downgraded Hasbro to "underperform" after an in-depth analysis because they've been overprinting Magic so much. People are starting to quit the game because it's impossible to collect anymore. I keep getting flashbacks to the comics collapse in the 90s. A bunch of fans are still upset about Universes Beyond. Before the Pinkerton thing, all I knew about Aftermath was that it was a microset of 50 cards that made no sense unless you just assumed Hasbro was out whale hunting again.

Those were pretty big stories from last six months. Like Magic is not really feeling like a good game at the moment, in spite of how good the current set is. The same feeling of good development teams with terrible and shortsighted executive management is there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads