WotC Anyone Else Tired of the Wizards Bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Dibs on Fenster,
0e114f0f-ede0-4c82-8c2d-78d420fcfec6_text.gif

TheSword

Legend
as I said, PR / damage control. Do you think Budweiser firing the two marketing guys over the one transgender influencer was because they actually made a mistake this severe or because it functions as damage control...
For the record, that was a myth. nobody was fired.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
That's the difference between a first-time offender an repeat offender, I would say. So it's not inconsistent. Plus, as of right now, there is no decades long ORC based ecosystem. So the extent of the harm would be pretty minimal.

Nickelback broke up my parents' marriage.
Is ORC even done? You can't renege on something that hasn't been made yet. Not in the same way WotC did. If they create the ORC system and then try to stop people from using it, that would be the same. Not completing a project isn't even close to being the same. :)

Is ORC even done? You can't renege on something that hasn't been made yet. Not in the same way WotC did. If they create the ORC system and then try to stop people from using it, that would be the same. Not completing a project isn't even close to being the same. :)

They do have a draft up for review.

Discussion is over here:

Greg K

Legend
People keep wanting accidentally buying something before intended release date to be illegal, but it's hard to find any evidence that's actually true.
I am not a lawyer, but as I understand it, it is not illegal to purchase an item before the street date. However, there are often contracts between the manufacturer and retailer which include terms not to sell the itme before the street dat and fines for selling the product before the street date. Therefore, selling the item before the street date would be a breach of contract.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
The irony is that, by and large, once Microsoft got serious about gaming, they became good stewards of those brands. I remember when everyone was sure MS was going to ruin Minecraft and instead, it's been great. Shockingly great, in fact.

On the other hand, Amazon Gaming ...
Have heard some things from a source I trust about exactly how bad things have been inside Amazon Gaming. TL;DR: It's a breakdown at nearly every conceivable level, from crappy office politics and bad programming practices all the way up to failures of leadership, program direction, and management. Only the lowest-level, grunt-work employees, and the distant C-suite bigwigs are doing their jobs consistently competently, from what I heard.

I don't know how they were able to put together a game studio that is incapable of making games, but they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads