• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General anyone got a decent idea for celestials?

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
as at present, we have MM angels and some mtg one but we do not have a lot in the way of summoning good guy backup or heavenly familiars.
from what I gather of past editions they all also lack a lot of well niche and definition despite having more design spaces than evil.
no idea if PF did them well.
or if anyone has ideas for what they should be like?

dave2008

Legend
There a lot of celestials from older editions that have not been brought to 5e yet:. The most prominent and "angle" like are:
  • Angles (several types of devas have not been converted)
  • Archons - Lawful good
  • Guardinals - Neutral good
  • Eladrin - Chaotic good (though I believe some version of these is in 5e already)
Some Archons and Guardinals had CR's low enough that they could be summoned if they had been converted to 5e. Here are the archons I converted to 5e:

hopeless

Adventurer
As in official books like Volo's Guide or the Monster Manual and other supplements?

I got details for the Lantern Archon online for use with a modified Figurine of Wondrous Power in the form of a reliquary that summons a Lantern Archon think Starpower's early version of Mitch or those sphere of energy in Mass Effect that kept getting shot.

How much help are we talking here, because Tasha's had a Summon Celestial spell as I recall?

Remove ads