• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone got "Midnight: Crown of Shadow" yet?

ThomasBJJ

First Post
I just saw this new module in the stores (Midnight: Crown of Shadow"). Anyone picked this up yet? I couldnt find any reviews for this anywhere.

Just wondering if it is any good, is it useable in a non-Midnight campaign, etc.

Crothian

First Post
Ya, I have it and it is pretty good. Not the easierst for a non midnight game though, although it depends. The farther your game is from midnight, the harder it would be.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I am in the middle of it now.

So far, it's good but..

It's a Midnight module. No ifs ands or buts about this. Difficult to bring into another setting.

It's a starter module. Lots of DM tips and flavor to help capture the tone and feel.

Great art, layout, mapping.

Expect review soon.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I'll echo some of the above - it's a good introductory module for the Midnight setting, because it takes the PCs through some of the most important areas of that world. It's an interesting module, with opportunities for combat and roleplaying. It would be hard to separate it from its setting, though.

This is Ashrem Bayle

I'm running it now. Great adventure!

Do yourself a favor and buy MIDNIGHT. I can't brag on this setting enough.

But definately, it would be hard to integrate it into a non MIDNIGHT setting.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
We ran our first game this weekend. It was an Intro to Midnight and was likely one of the most fun times I've ever had behind the DM screen.

We are moving on to the adventure found in the back of the Midnight Campaign Setting next and then on to Crown of Shadow.

It was refreshing to play in a game where the characters become excited upon finding a rusted short sword or a side of beef! :D

See the storyhour here: http://www.againsttheshadow.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=94

Last edited:

Remove ads