• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone know of any free voice recording software?

Nyaricus

First Post
Nothing fancy or anything, I'm just trying to find some simple software that will allow me to record some sample vocals to send to my bandmates.

Anyone know of anything that would do a decent job for this sort of thing?

thanks!
--N

Aeolius

Adventurer
Nyaricus said:
Nothing fancy or anything, I'm just trying to find some simple software that will allow me to record some sample vocals to send to my bandmates. Anyone know of anything that would do a decent job for this sort of thing?
GarageBand excels, at this sort of thing. It's free, so long as you buy a new Macintosh . Otherwise it's part of the iLife suite for $79.

Nyaricus

First Post
Scotley said:
Most versions of windows include a built in sound recorder. It isn't much, but the price is right. For XP try Start, Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Sound Recorder. You can adjust the settings in the audio section of control panel. If that isn't good enough for you needs you might try this free download:

http://www.download.com/Smart-PC-Recorder/3000-2170_4-10611567.html?tag=lst-0-8
I don't have that built-in recorder, but that one you linked to is exactly the sort of broke-ass starving-young-artist program I was looking for :cool:

thanks!

cheers,
--N

Nyaricus

First Post
Scotley said:
Glad I could help. Remember me in the liner notes of your first CD that goes platinum!
One can only wish... :D

Well, really though, with metal on the comeback (which is what I'm into, personally) and Lamb of God's CD Sacrament opening up at #8 on the Billboard Top 100, you never know :cool:

Thanks again!

cheers,
--N

Remove ads