• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone Own or Have a Favorite FLGS?

The Compleat Strategist in NYC has the best overall inventory I've ever seen in a hobby shop, and they're great with mail orders.

dumdragon

Explorer
Made an error quoting the last post

I want to mention my friend Rich's store in Lindenhurst, LI to Legendary Realms located on Sunrise Hwy

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The single awesomest game store I have ever been in in my life is That's Entertainment in Worcester, MA. It's huge, friendly, attentive, and sells board games, TTRPGs, comic books, and also your/my entire childhood.

Yeah they look pretty rad!
The Compleat Strategist in NYC has the best overall inventory I've ever seen in a hobby shop, and they're great with mail orders.

Nice! Thank you!
Made an error quoting the last post

I want to mention my friend Rich's store in Lindenhurst, LI to Legendary Realms located on Sunrise Hwy

Looks good!

The single awesomest game store I have ever been in in my life is That's Entertainment in Worcester, MA. It's huge, friendly, attentive, and sells board games, TTRPGs, comic books, and also your/my entire childhood.

Hm, that's about an hour-and-20-minute drive from me. Might be worth the trip! Now to figure out some other reason to be in Worcester...

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Hm, that's about an hour-and-20-minute drive from me. Might be worth the trip! Now to figure out some other reason to be in Worcester...
Once you see that store, I think you'll recognize that you in fact DON'T need another reason to go to Worcester.

But then, I am specifically the target demographic of the store. I think it's safe to assume that basically anyone on ENWorld is too, but I could be wrong.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Enchanted Grounds - Littleton, CO.
They have a good selection, but more importantly, they have a coffee shop atmosphere rather than a stinky game store atmosphere.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Games Plus in Mount Prospect, IL.

This place rules. It's been around forever. Stocks a huge variety of RPGs, board games, minis etc. Want a random, I don't know, Star Fleet Battles supplement from 1984? They probably have it. I like that they actually have a ton of RPG stuff. Most game stores nowadays in my experience are all MtG and board games now, with like a couple D&D books and some Pathfinder and that's pretty much it. Not this place. Though the boardgame selection is large their Magic section is tiny. Magic does not keep the lights on here.

It really brings me back to game stores when I was a kid, no bs like gaming rooms to rent that are decorated like a medieval tavern or whatever. It smells like your grandparent's attic, it's heaven. It also has a reward program where for every $100 you spend you get ten bucks off.

In short, stay away, don't come here. I don't want this perfect time capsule ruined by the unclean.

Remove ads