Anyone play Neverwinter Nights?

BelowTheBelt

First Post
Hey all,

Is anyone still playing or interested in playing Neverwinter Nights 1 (the video game). I'm a DM over at one of the persistent worlds (www.arenthyor.com) and am organizing a custom DM'ed story for interested people within the Arenthyor world.

If this idea interests you and you play still or are interested in playing again, let me know.

Based on the people who are interested, I'll craft a story that builds upon backstory and the lore of Arenthyor. It should be exciting, challenging, and fun.

It could be a one-shot or a full-on campaign based on the interests of the party. There are a few people I've already organized and I'm looking to round-out a party. However, if there are more people interested, I can do more than one campaign.

Thanks for looking!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Heh; I had a thread asking this same question about a month ago. The answer was pretty much - no. Nobody here is still playing NWN. It's a shame; it was fun.

BelowTheBelt

First Post
Thanks for the quick reply, Morrus.

'Tis a shame indeed, if that's the case - it's still probably the best RPG out there, or at least stands tall against anything out there, given that the community has been able to continue to advance the game - new races, classes, weapons, skills, etc... beyond the original campaign.

Add to it the fact that you can design your own dungeons (or entire worlds) and DM for others... well, you can see I'm a fan :).

The offer stands for any interested. Maybe we can even coax you back into the fold!

BelowTheBelt

First Post
I've got it installed... never really tried the multiplayer portion of it, though. How's it go?

Quite simply, actually.

Play -> Multiplayer -> Create a login -> Join Internet Game. Done.

This will then launch a list of "servers" that are hosting multiplayer games. Games are organized by archetype: Roleplay , Action, Story, Social, etc... (about 13 options). There are hundreds of servers to choose from.

Although servers are organized into those buckets, you'll find crossover. There's plenty of action in roleplay servers, it's just you'll be expected to act the part of your character. Arenthyor is a roleplay server, for example.

In Arenthyor, you log-in, roll up a character, then interact with the world and other players. What makes Arenthyor unique is our custom D&D-style module/quest system that you and your party use to amass power for your city, alignment, and deity. Also, there are special DM-led events that tie to the story of the world. It's up 24/7, so you can log-in at any time.

If you're interested, check out arenthyor.com. There's world lore and forums if you'd like more specifics about how to join. As I mentioned above, I'm organizing a party for a special DM-led adventure that we're trying to kick off, so it's a perfect time to get in.

Speaking generally again, the community has created new content and pushed the Neverwinter Nights engine to new limits that not even Bioware imagined when they concepted the game.

Want a d20 modern server? Yep, they are there - think of the game reskinned with guns and cars.
Want a Star Wars server? Yep, they are there - think jedi powers and lasers.
Want a server set in Dragonlance, Lord of the Rings, Forgotten Realms, the zombie apocolypse, or some other sandbox setting? Yep, it's all there.

Hope that answers your question and piques your interest! Keep the questions coming.

Remove ads