Anyone playing Mechamorphosis?

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
And the scariest one yet...

BACKLASH
“Sting! Sting! STING!”

Backlash is all brawn and very little brain. He is mindless aggression in a metallic shell. Other Tyrants think his core processor must have been damaged or installed incorrectly, because even amongst their ranks he is known for his ferocity and cruelty. In battle, all his fellow Tyrants can do is point him in a direction and say, “Kill!” Backlash is all too happy to oblige.

Mechamorph Soldier 1
Hit Points:
16 (46 using my bonus hp house rule)
Armor Class: 15 (-4 size, +8 class, +1 Dex), touch 7, flat-footed 14
Base Attack: +0
Grapple: +15
Attack: -1 melee (-4 size, +3 Str), -3 ranged (-4 size, +1 Dex)
Damage: Unarmed 4d6+3
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +1, Will -1
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 7, Wis 8, Cha 8
Skills: Athletics 4 (+7)
Feats: Improved Grapple, Improved Unarmed Strike
Form Feats: Armor Boost 4, Greater Natural Attack (Sting), Greater Unarmed Strike
Class Ability: Battle Frenzy
Priorities: Abilities (4, 32 pts.), Alt Form (2, Backhoe Loader), Form Feats (3, up to 6), Special Power (5, Multi-Form, Backhoe/Scorpion), Gear (1, Puncture-Proof Tires)

Large Scorpion Form
Mechamorph Soldier 1
Hit Points:
14 (24 using my bonus hp house rule)
Armor Class: 17 (-1 size, +8 class), touch 9, flat-footed 17
Base Attack: +0
Grapple: +8
Attack: +3 melee (-1 size, +4 Str)
Damage: Claw 1d6+4, sting 2d6+4 plus poison
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 7, Wis 8, Cha 8
Skills: Athletics 4 (+8)
Feats: Improved Grapple, Improved Unarmed Strike
Form Feats: Armor Boost 4, Greater Natural Attack (Sting), Greater Unarmed Strike
Class Ability: Battle Frenzy
Special Traits: Darkvision 60 ft., Tremorsense 60 ft., Poison DC 13 (1d4 Con)

Morph Sequence (Backhoe to Scorpion): Front bucket splits, the two halves rotate forward and become the pincers, the roll cage splits in half, each side rotates down and under the body to form the legs, rear wheels move up and out of the way over the back, hoe attachment joints invert to form the tail, rear bucket becomes the stinger.

Morph Sequence (Backhoe to Humanoid): (Working on this…)

*I assume that "construction equipment" is Gargantuan by weight alone, rather than length. Otherwise, his primary and backhoe forms would probably only be Huge.

Last edited:

Edenbeast

Explorer
Hi,

I'm also planning to do a Transformers campaign. I decided to pick up Mechamorposis, because it was rather cheap, and besides offered some interesting ideas and got pretty close to the transformers feeling..
I found these forums because I was looking to solve the same problem you guys were talking about: The size differences.
I had a look at both the MM and the d20 modern core book. From there I concluded that table 1-2 in Mechamorphosis is just incomplete. Have a look at table 4-2 in the MM, it's about changes to statistics by size. Athough it falls under monster advancement, the table applies in fact to the part when monsters increase in size. So these modifiers apply to Mechamorphs of different sizes as well. Maybe it didn't fit on the page or so, but it's incorrect to ignore this part, since these are basic rules to adjust for size. Besides it works out pretty balanced, and makes more sense as well.
The only thing I would suggest (as DM) for gameplay and roleplaying; better to keep the players around the same size abit. For example a (basic tf) range between large and gargantuan. (reserving medium size for companions).

For these sort of games I prefer fun-campaigns and not to argue too much about game balance. Because if we're talking about balance, one should consider having the PC's start as dinky toys and have them advance in monster levels first. :p

And think logical: Don't go for melee if you're small, aim for high gear (missile launcher) and ranged combat. You can destroy a colossal bot with one shot, just as it can pulverize you with one hit if it gets close enough. And there, natural armour and dex modiefiers make sense as well.

Cheers,

Remove ads