Anyone ran the Drow War series?

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
If so, how long did it take? From the 1st book I skimmed through, it looks like it alone could fill a weekend.

I have a group who would like to do this in a 4 1/2 - maybe 5 1/2 - day long marathon, but I'm a bit doubtful that would be enough time.

diaglo

Adventurer
i bought G1 Steading of the Hill Giant Chief for $4.50 back in the day. i didn't get to run it for the group for a few years b/c they weren't high enough level. but eventually i refereed it for them
along with G2, G3, D1, D2, and D3. not much interest to run Q1

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Yeah that series. They are set on trying it, even got characters done. But if it can't be done in one or two 4 day weekends they we're probably out of luck as finding a time outside those weekends is a bit complicated.

This is the same group though that finished Age of Worms in the same time (well, technically we got through some of part 1 a few days before but still).

Yeah that series. They are set on trying it, even got characters done. But if it can't be done in one or two 4 day weekends they we're probably out of luck as finding a time outside those weekends is a bit complicated.

This is the same group though that finished Age of Worms in the same time (well, technically we got through some of part 1 a few days before but still).

Wow... Those are some serious players! How many hours do you okay each day? If you're in for 12-hours gamedays, and don't linger on out of adventure details (the always present unforeseen role-playing encounter) you may pull it through.

It reminds me of my younger days, when we would play for 12 hours straight... :)

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Yeah 12 -14 hrs is normal. We do tend to go off on tangents - in AoW, there were about 4 hrs of side quest because a chance NPC I brought in to give the rural PCs some sense of the bigger city somehow turned into a "save his family" thing. But on the other hand, we hardly do random encounters. I roll maybe once per travel for them unless we are in very uncivilized area.

None of us is young, I'm the youngest and I'm Hitchhiker age ;) Though one of them is bringing his nephew this time so the age average is going down.

Remove ads