• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AoW - Team Diamond Lake -OOC

Howdy. Vixtrin (female human fighter) will be in TDL, so hellos all around to everyone.

Would anyone like to work out background knowledge together with me? I put a (lengthy) background story for Vixtrin in her character sheet, but the short of it is that she's the illegitimate daughter of the old Mayor Neff. Her full name is Vixtrin Kneff (mother couldn't spell "Neff"). Mother is a brothel worker at the Emporium. Vixtrin's been a ruffian, brothel worker, short-term acolyte at the local temple, and short-term soldier at the garrison. She recently got chucked in jail but is out now. She's a spiked chain fighter.

Shayuri

First Post
Is there only one temple in town, and if so, which god is it to? Or is it more of a pantheon temple?

CB, I'm not sure what your timeline is, but if your character was stationed in the temple within the past...lets say year or so ago...perhaps she was present when my character was brought in?

My timeline for Vixtrin is flexible. Her mum shuffled her off to the temple at age 14. Vixtrin is 20 now. In the intervening six years she's supposed to have failed at being an acolyte in the temple and a garrison soldier. And she's been in prison after the garrison. I'm certainly willing to alter Vixtrin's age and backstory to make something fit. She could be younger than the 20 I stated on her sheet. Or she could have spent a few years at the temple, dodging the attention of the priests.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Avren wouldn't know her yet, unless they met while he was checking in on Aria. He's pretty mobile.

Is her timeline fairly in order? Ie: she did each of those things in order (ie: Temple only after being a brothel worker)? Not hating, just trying to understand.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Well, we know that there is at least a temple of Pelor in the town, probably another or two, I would guess, as the population is around 1000 people.

[MENTION=51930]fireinthedust[/MENTION], yes, Vixtrin's timeline as it appears in this post is a match for what is in her character sheet. ie: brothel>>temple>>garrison>>jail>>release. The sequence is important to her background. The timeframe between events is less so.

renau1g

First Post
There's a church to St. Cuthbert, an extremist twist that revel in self-flaggelation to reflect the self-sacrifice of the Cuthbertites. There's a Chapel to Heironeous at the Garrison. Obad-Hai has representation (not a formal church though) and there are cultists of Wee Jas (aka the Cult of the Green Lady) that guard the cemetary against grave robbers.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
And I will add in a small temple to "The Radiant Light" (Pelor) since one of the PC's is a cleric of Pelor. This will be a temple just starting to get a foot hold in the area, so not much to help crunch wise (i.e. scrolls, potions) but will be a good place for info.

HM

_

fireinthedust

Explorer
What do we still need to do in order to post IC? Whats the timeline? Not rushing, just trying to keep abreast of what's happening.

...okay, realistically i kinda wanna get to 2nd level and hit stuff with magic. Actually 20th level would be fun. And fight Cthulhu (stats re: CoC d20 book, yeah!)

Remove ads