• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Apparently an FR fan that also happens to be an investor asked CEO Cox a gew questions.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I think it's sad that Enworlders are more comfortable letting a megacorp run D&D then in trusting their comrades.
Dude…how many ENWorlders have you actually interacted with?

If you think herding cats is difficult, consider the threads here that go hundreds of pages pro-gnome vs anti-gnome (as mentioned), and how much effort it would take to get everyone unified on just the use of that race.

Now do it for every other race. And class.

If you think herding cats is difficult, consider the threads here that go hundreds of pages pro-gnome vs anti-gnome (as mentioned), and how much effort it would take to get everyone unified on just the use of that race.

Ironic answer:
We could have some type of type of voting system where everyone can approve or disapprove things. Enworlders could get large questionaries where they can submit their preferences. Then we could measure it all and average it all out.

Answer in the form of a video:

Horwath

Legend
We only get a little mad from the megacorp. Meanwhile if someone suggested we remove gnomes from the game, I would be starting a fist fight in the metaphorical office, so to say we'd get a lot mad if we did it.
I'm for either putting small races as optional in PHB and if played they come with at least -4 STR racial modifier.

"starts Mortal Kombat soundtrack..."

jasper

Rotten DM

meow meow meow
woof meow meow
oofta ---horsey sounds :)

An Asian D&D gamer market is probably tempting.
I dare to say Hasbro has got previous experience with Asian market, and maybe they feel more confortable with Japan, and China is a serious big cake, but the goverment can cause troubles in the worst moment. You could be working for years, and suddengly a franchise is not wellcome because somebody from other place said this or that.

Some times I suspect seriously the formians have been "cancelled" in 5ed because somebody could think they are an allegory of an army from our real life.

Kara-Tur can be published in DMGuild because as spin-off they are within Forgotten Realms.

Other point is the growing influence of fantasy manhua and manhwa.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads