• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

April Dallas Game Day Planning Thread [UPDATED]

DonAdam

Explorer
The University of Dallas Dragon Club is (finally) ready to host a Dallas game day. We've been getting the run around from the school administration regarding getting a big enough room, but here is what we have:

[UPDATE] We have an alternate room on campus that isn't quite as big but is available all day. Presently I have it reserved on April 10 from 9 AM to 7 PM but I can get that extended.

The club is meeting to talk about the gameday tonight so I'll have more details then, including an estimate of how many tables we should be able to fit.

Last edited:

Shadowdancer

First Post
:D
Yah! I've been waiting for you guys to do this since, umm, well the game day held in Denton 2-3 years ago.

I would prefer the 4/3 date.

And I vote for two short games, starting at 9 a.m. That will give the opportunity to try more games, and it's easier to come up with a short, 3-hour one-shot adventure than it is for a long, 5-hour one-shot adventure.

d20Dwarf

Explorer
DonAdam said:
So right now, with all of one vote in ;) , it's looking like 4/3 with two sessions.

Going once...

Well, Bree and I would probably drive up, but not if it's only going to go til 4. There seriously needs to be some informal games set up outside the Dragon Club for that evening. :)

But, I'd probably vote for one long session over two short ones. A 3-hour RPG slot isn't much time to get in the swing of things, learn to play with new people, and tell a decent story.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Bah! You couldn't have done this when I was in Dallas? What was wrong with last year? :p

Anyway, I'll live. I'll see if my UTD friends are interested.

drachin

First Post
Man, this machine is eating my replies left and right today. Let's try this again, shortened version.

Any date sounds good for me and anyone in my group who wants to join in the fun, and I support both long and split slot sessions, but would prefer to leave it up to the DMs running the games to determine whether their game would fit into the 3-hour or 6-hour time slot.

:)

DonAdam

Explorer
Ok, here we go:

April 10
9 AM - 8PM +
University of Dallas
1845 E Northgate Dr
Irving, TX

Gorman faculty lounge

5 tables

3 time slots:
A- 9 AM - 12 PM
Lunch break
B- 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Brief break
C- 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

If people want to run longer sessions, they can run them across slots (e.g., B-C).

I'll post another thread tomorrow night for signups. Shibby!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads