[April] What are you reading?

coyote6

Adventurer
I finished Turn Coat (awesome) and The Outback Stars (good enough that I'll have to pick up the second book).

I'm flying to San Diego tomorrow, so I'll probably take Elmore Leonard's Out of Sight with me to read on the plane rides. I'd start Changes, but I don't want to lug a hardcover around.

coyote6

Adventurer
This one's worth it. :win:

Yeah, I had today off too, and ended up reading Changes. Holy crap. That was good; I don't know how Butcher does it, but 12 books in, and the series is still awesome.

I just hope he has the next book all-but-done. Writer's block (a la Lynch, GRRM, etc.) now would be The Suck. :eek:

Twelve books in and the last three have been my favorite of the bunch. I had a lot of worries that he wasn't going to be able to sustain the series without it starting to feel old/boring/tired or whatever, but he seems to be managing that without any problem.

Anyway, I finally pushed through an old Leigh Brackett book that I was struggling with, for whatever reason, and I started reading Amanda Downum's debut fantasy novel The Drowning City. It's fairly short and sweet; only about 350 pages. With any luck, I'll finish it by the weekend, so I won't really count it as a May read.

Crothian

First Post
I started Hard Magic by Laura Anne Gilman; it is a modern day magic paranormal crime scene investigation book. So far pretty good but I'm just getting into it.

Wombat

First Post
About halfway through The Landmark Herodotus and shuffling through about four books on Mesoamerican civilizations, all for fun ;)

Jeez, I need to get a life! :confused:

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
I'm reading:

The David Story, a translation of the biblical books of Samuel 1 & 2, and parts of Kings 1, by Robert Alter.

The Kerberos Club, a wildly fun Victorian Strangeness RPG setting.

I'm also listening to the audiobook of Small Favor, #10 of the Dresden Files. I've gotten addicted to the series recently, and have read and listened to books 5-9 since November. I'm cur

I have no idea what I'll read next. I'm tempted to read Dickens' Great Expectations, or H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds or The Invisible Man. Or maybe I'll read Feed, a novel about what happens 20 years after the zombie apocalypse.

Remove ads