[April] What are you reading?

Just finished The Conquerer's Shadow by Ari Marmell, and I'm rushing to finish Leigh Brackett's The Reavers of Skaith. Meanwhile, my public library is processing a copy of Jim Butcher's Changes and I'm the first hold on it, as soon as it's ready. Which should be any day now.

Don't know what I'll read after that. Maybe the second half of Simon Green's Hawk & Fisher series in omnibus format?

EDIT: D'oh! I forgot; I had slated Amanda Downum's The Drowning City as next. That's what I get for being such an impulse buyer at bookstores; I have a "to read" list of books that I own that's almost fifty books long.

And I keep getting distracted by stuff I find at the library too.

Last edited:

Janx

Hero
I just finished reading my signed copy of Jim Butcher's Changes from the Dresden Files.

Hopefully Hobo will get his soon, as I've no one to talk to about it...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm reading a textbook on "Narrative Therapy"- nice, dense reading about how people think. (yay.:erm:)

And I'm reading the 4Ed rules, on the off-chance that one of the guys in the group is going to run a game later this year or early next year.

And I'm reading various guitar magazines, and so forth.

I just finished reading my signed copy of Jim Butcher's Changes from the Dresden Files.

Hopefully Hobo will get his soon, as I've no one to talk to about it...
Still in cataloging! :mad: I think the cataloging librarian decided to read it for himself before making it available for circulation.

Jack7

First Post
Faction

The Greatest Minds and Ideas of All Time, Will Durant
The Many Faces of God
Teresa of Avila
How to Draw Realistic Faces

Fiction

Potshot, this book was really good but had a lot of mistakes for a Parker book
Summer Knight - I haven't read the Dresden books in order so it is always interesting to me figuring out the relationships between characters out of sequence.

Books on CD

The Commodore, Patrick O'Brian - one of the bets of the superb series
Death of a Colonial, Bruce Alexander - Alexander is far too vastly underappreciated
The Ah-Ha Phenomenon - Jack Flanders

Lectures

The Anglo-Saxon World, Michael "D.C." Drout - one of my favorite lecturers and professors, this series of lectures has been extremely interesting and outright entertaining. I like the way he begins every lecture with a literary, religious, or historical text sample in Anglo Saxon or Olde English. It has given me loads of material for my own fictional works, and has suggested a lot of good research material.

Sum sceal mid hearpan aet his hlafordes
fotum sittan, feoh picgan,
ond a snellice snere wraestan,
laetan scralletan sceacol, se pe hleaped
naegl meomegende; bith him neod micel.

I know this is a bit off topic but I've been rewatching Kung Fu from the first season onwards, as well as rewatchign the Wild, Wild West from the first episode. I've enjoyed both immensely. I'm also relistening to the opera Elias/Elijah by Mendelssohn, which I haven't listened to since college. Maybe twenty or more years ago. I really like it. The libretto alone is a very interesting work.

Still in cataloging! :mad: I think the cataloging librarian decided to read it for himself before making it available for circulation.
Got it last night at about 2130 hours. I then proceeded to read for four hours straight, which was probably later than I really wanted to be up no a work night.

It somehow feels like a long time since I read a book that was a page-turner.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Finished Hiero's Journey and The Ship of Ishtar.

Now reading (finally!) the first of the Kane novels by Karl Edward Wagner.

Remove ads