D&D 5E Arabian Nights adventures for 5E?

Jreilly89

Villager
I doubt it's probably high on WOTC's list, but are there any 3rd party or otherwise Arabian Nights style adventures for 5E? Otherwise, I think I will end up running X4 Master of the Desert Nomads and X5 Temple of Death using the conversion guides available.

In regards to that, has anyone used the Classic Modules Today guides before? I downloaded their free one and it seems fine, but nothing majorly impressive.

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
It's not 5E, but Pathfinder's "Legacy of Fire" adventure path (3rd edition rules) was styled for Arabian Nights with an ancient genie war and desert setting. Gnolls play a big part in the first two modules, so it works great with the expanded gnoll monsters put out in Volo.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Check out some of the Southlands modules put out by Kobold Press. Some of them are more Egyptian-themed, but many take place in a city resembling 19th-century Cairo, which is not too far off from Arabian Nights and does have the desert setting. Cat and Mouse has definite overtones of The Maltese Falcon. Or the "Three Little Pigs" series (Warlock Lairs 30-32) is set in the same city, with the three beautiful daughters of a wealthy merchant being turned into pigs. Either of those would be good places to start.

Last edited:

Jreilly89

Villager
Check out some of the Southlands modules put out by Kobold Press. Some of them are more Egyptian-themed, but many take place either in a city resembling 19th-century Cairo, which is not too far off from Arabian Nights and does have the desert setting. Cat and Mouse has definite overtones of The Maltese Falcon. Or the "Three Little Pigs" series (Warlock Lairs 30-32) is set in the same city, with the three beautiful daughters of a wealthy merchant being turned into pigs. Either of those would be good places to start.

Sounds good, I'll check them out!

I dunno, X4/X5 always struck me as more Indian subcontinent or SW Asia-inspired than Arabian/Middle Eastern.

That may be a more apt description, I was just pulling out names to give a general sense of what I'm after.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
That may be a more apt description, I was just pulling out names to give a general sense of what I'm after.
If "fantasy Egypt" is within the realm of what you're looking for, the Southlands setting also has several cool tomb crawls which I didn't mention in my first post because they are not Arabian specifically.

Some links you might find interesting:

Short article discussing the influence of Arabian Nights on the Southlands.

Includes a "Southlands campaign arc" list of adventures that can take you from level 1 to 10 in the setting.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I dunno, X4/X5 always struck me as more Indian subcontinent or SW Asia-inspired than Arabian/Middle Eastern.
thats true, but its fine since the new version of Disneys Alladin is very Indian Subcontinent too. Plus the original 'Arabian Nights' was Persian and based in an Indian frame story

Last edited:

Remove ads