• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane Legions

fissionessence

First Post
I don't know anything about it, but it looks interesting. I've never really enjoyed miniatures game or historically-set stuff, but I like some of the concepts/ideas they have here.

However, on the sixth page of the 'game' information, it says, "for the first time ever in a collectable game, players will be able to design their own tournament-legal game elements."

While interesting that they're offering this ability, it is not a true statement. The City of Heroes card game offered(-s?) this function as well. Click here for their 'hero builder'. They need to change their claim to "first time ever in a collectable MINITATURES game".

~

Madshadow

First Post
I know all. What do you want to know?

ArcaneLegionsLogo_250pxw_we.jpg

First of all, my name is Mark Chase and I worked at WotC for 5+ years on MTG and Duelmasters (Japan). I recently started working with some old friends, the original founders of WizKids.

Their new company is called Wells Expeditions, and their first major release is called Arcane Legions. It will be on store shelves in September.

Arcane Legions is a mass-action miniatures game that allows players to simulate large scale combat with fast game play, customized units and intuitive mechanics in a mysterious alternate history.

We were at the GAMA Trade Show a week ago in Las Vegas showing a prototype version of the game to retailers and distributors, and everyone who looked at it was very impressed with the detail of the figures (25mm), the game mechanics and movement tool (there are no codecs or any bookkeeping), the cool tournament legal customizing you can do, and the price.

You can get more information at ArcaneLegions.com,
and at our Facebook group Arcane Legions | Facebook.

IMG_5308_web.jpg

IMG_5314_web.jpg

Take a minute to check it out, and join our group if you like.
The game is awesome, and is going to be getting a lot of attention in the next few months - for good reason!

Let me know if you have any questions. You can ask them here, or on the Facebook page.

Thanks,

Mark
ArcaneLegionsLogo_250pxw_we.jpg

Madshadow

First Post
We do not have any painted pieces yet, but soon...

I will post better shots of some sculpts in a few days. This was taken from my pocket camera at GTS - we're getting some better ones now.

Thanks for your interest.

Mark Chase | Online Marketing Manager - Wells Expeditions

Madshadow

First Post
However, on the sixth page of the 'game' information, it says, "for the first time ever in a collectable game, players will be able to design their own tournament-legal game elements."
While interesting that they're offering this ability, it is not a true statement. The City of Heroes card game offered(-s?) this function as well. Click here for their 'hero builder'. They need to change their claim to "first time ever in a collectable MINITATURES game".~

Very astute - correction made!

Technically, you are correct. Though in actuality our's is much more involved and by comparison we're turning over way more of the game engine to the consumer.

Good call though - thanks :)

Mark Chase | Online Marketing Manager - Wells Expeditions

D.Shaffer

First Post
I'm definitely interested but the choice of factions seems a bit...odd. :D
Roman and Egyptian doesnt really strike me as unusual, but then we get the Chinese added. Be interesting to see how they end up close enough to actually fight it out in the fluff.

I'm guessing they've already got other factions waiting in the wings if this takes off.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Looks cool - I'm interested!

Couple of questions:
a) Scale: "true" 25mm or closer to 28mm like most of the industry?
b) I understand the starter/infantry/cav boxes, but I'm less clear on how a booster works. How many figs are typically in a booster, and how many are painted?
c) It seems like the feel of the game is similar to "Age of Mythology", where you have human cultures and the monsters of their myths fighting alongside each other. What sort of creatures do the Han get? After dragons, I sort of run out of possibilities...

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
c) It seems like the feel of the game is similar to "Age of Mythology", where you have human cultures and the monsters of their myths fighting alongside each other. What sort of creatures do the Han get? After dragons, I sort of run out of possibilities...

That was the impression I was getting, too, particularly from the convention pictures.

Madshadow

First Post
Looks cool - I'm interested!

Couple of questions:
a) Scale: "true" 25mm or closer to 28mm like most of the industry?
b) I understand the starter/infantry/cav boxes, but I'm less clear on how a booster works. How many figs are typically in a booster, and how many are painted?

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. In answer to some questions:
a) True 25mm (human height)
b) Booster Packs will contain between 5-10 fully painted figures (depending on the size)
c) Here are just a few:

Jorogumo

Jorogumo.jpg

Yeti

Yeti.jpg

Harionago

Harionago.jpg

Hundun

Hundun.jpg

WuTouGui

WuTouGui.jpg

There are also mercenary figs that will fight with any faction.

We've got some paint samples in, and I'll post up some pics shortly.

Mark

Remove ads