• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane Might Part 1: The Search for Home (Still running)

Zhure

First Post
Lugash

Lugash waits patiently, invisible. Once they close some more, he'll begin manifesting an Extended Astral Construct.

Jaik

First Post
OOC:Sorry for the delay...

Weslin will cast mage armor, then hunker down with his bow and get ready for a sneak attack.

shaff

First Post
OOC: sorry my internet has been broken for a while, I fixed it now, and will continue to post.

IC:
Armel jumps down and throws the reins on the invisible lap of his invisible friend. Then he starts to conjure a spell as arcane power swirls from his hands. His eyes roll up in his head and fiery pillars suround his fists. He lets loose a HUGE fireball and sends it at the rider's leader.

Tyrog runs to the front of Armel and tries to protect him from anything coming at Armel.

OOC: I can't find the rogues gallery thread, so I don't know my ready spells, can someone give me a link?

Xael

First Post
OOC: Welcome back shaff! Rogues Gallery is http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52749

All: You know, the bandits are still 1000 feet away from you, so I expect that you only cast those attack spells when they get withing range. ;)

Argent: That Air Elemental can only maintain the whirlwind for 1 round, so it's pretty important when you use it. The bandits can start hitting you with arrows immediately, but it's going to take few rounds before they are close enough to enter close combat (if they decide not to just shoot you). So, do you use it immediately when arrows start flying or save it for later?

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Xael said:
OOC: Argent: That Air Elemental can only maintain the whirlwind for 1 round, so it's pretty important when you use it. The bandits can start hitting you with arrows immediately, but it's going to take few rounds before they are close enough to enter close combat (if they decide not to just shoot you). So, do you use it immediately when arrows start flying or save it for later?
OOC: Wait until were in range and the arrows are flying our way. Remember it will be at the beginning of my next turn that it appears.

shaff

First Post
OOC: My Mistake. Tyrog still moves to protect me, the wagon sits still, And the arcane magic still spirals around my hands (ready action to fireball the leader when they come in range).

And thanks for the hardy welcome!

Xael

First Post
Noticing that you're not going to run away, the bandits scatter and start to ride fast towards you. Some arrows fly your way, but they don't come even close to any of you. Soon Armel decides that they're close enough for his fireball, and lets it fly towards the leader and two other bandits riding beside him. The fireball whirls through the air and explodes next to the leader. You can see the two other bandits (and their horses) flying to the ground in flames and not getting up. The bandit leader rides forward from the firestorm though, tossing his helmet (now in flames) away and screaming in rage.

Lugash start summoning his astral construct and Kavernus his elemental, which both start to materialize next to the wagon. Serei starts her inspiring song. Others still have to wait, because the riders are still about 400-500 feet away.

Armel's fireball-tossing seems to have impressed the bandits, because arrows now start flying his way, whizzing past him and to the ground next to him, and one even scratching his shoulder (5 damage).

Myrkskog chants hastily, and sends his acid arrow towards one of the bandits, which hits him straight in his torso. The bandit grabs his stomach in pain, but doesn't fall.

The elemental and the astral construct appear fully next to the wagon.

Initiative order (Bandits act somewhere between):

Lugash
Serei
Armel
Myrskog
Weslin
Kavernus
Tyrog
Bandit Leader

OOC: Sorry for the delay, haven't been able to walk (or sit) because of foot surgery.

Edit: Added that Acid Arrow.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads