• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Archery feats

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
The best way to improve your BAB (buildwise) as an arcane archer: only take one or two levels of wizard or sorcerer. Anything more and you're tanking your BAB for a rather dubious benefit. Maybe if you could use the battle sorcerer variant from unearthed arcana, you could take five levels and then take a couple spellsword levels in order to get third level spells and the ability to cast spells in your mithral chain shirt without spell failure, but you'd be giving up archery abilities which are your pimary abilities for more secondary or tertiary abilities--and that's normally not a good trade.

IcyCool

First Post
comareddin said:
Thank you for the nice suggestions. But as the player is gestalt(gain the best things of 2 classes with each level), I do not have a BAB problem. I will get a +1 bow and fill it with other nice "+" equivelant abilities which I am hoping some board members will supply.

Com

If you are playing in a good party and facing lots of evil critters, take Holy (+2 equivalent). Check complete warrior and pick up Exit Wounding, it's almost a must-have. Another one to look at is Magebane, from complete arcane.

Remove ads