• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Are powers samey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardnaar

Legend
you misspelled my name.

But that aside "WHAT???" We are talking about my subjective opinion.
Go back and read where OVER and OVER I didn't just acknowledge YOUR opinion, I PRAISED it!!! 4E was awesome at delivery a particular game for a specific subset of the fanbase that is GREAT!!!

But you are the one insisting that my opinion of 4E must be tied to failure to "get it".

Your side is the ONLY side trying to invalidate the other side. Just say it: Not liking 4E is a valid opinion even for someone who completely understands it.

Seriously, point to ANY place where I said anything about why YOU shouldn't like 4E. Point to ANY place I said you should do anything other than shrug about my opinion.
The problem is, you can't bring yourself to shrug. For some odd reason you are obsessed with denying that my opinion can exist.

Your experiences don't make mine invalid. Why are you compelled to proclaim otherwise?
Will you retract that?

This has been the modus operandi since about 2008.

BryonD

Hero
Except we have evidence of everyone migrating to Pathfinder and online tables.

Online 4E games are rarer than OSR games, 3E games, Pathfinder etc.

You can clone 4E with the ogl. It's been 10 years, no clone.
I don't think he is claiming that 4E has a big fanbase. Your refutation of that is complete and it would be even more foolish to argue that.
For some reason there is this on-going weirdness that 4E diehards must insist that any complaint about it is purely false and can only come from people who are dishonest.
So he, as I read it, is simply saying that he does like it, therefore we are wrong.

Eric V

Hero
To be fair, judging by your interaction in this thread, I wouldn’t bother responding to such a challenge from you. Doesn’t seem like my replies would be treated with any respect or courtesy. 🤷‍♂️
I can't imagine they would. Fortunately, there are message board options to eliminate such lack of respect in the thread as I view it.

JeffB

Legend
you misspelled my name.

:snip:

I fixed it-

I think you need to take a breath, and go back and read exactly what I have said, and what I quoted. Nowhere have I said that my feelings are 100% exclusive to everyone who disliked 4E. Nowhere. I do say that I 100% believe that many gamers do have issues with 4E for the reasons I mentioned (which is what the OP said, and I quoted).

Eric V

Hero
I fixed it-

I think you need to take a breath, and go back and read exactly what I have said, and what I quoted. Nowhere have I said that my feelings are 100% exclusive to everyone who disliked 4E. Nowhere. I do say that I 100% believe that many gamers do have issues with 4E for the reasons I mentioned (which is what the OP said, and I quoted).
Your patience here is admirable.

Zardnaar

Legend
I don't think he is claiming that 4E has a big fanbase. Your refutation of that is complete and it would be even more foolish to argue that.
For some reason there is this on-going weirdness that 4E diehards must insist that any complaint about it is purely false and can only come from people who are dishonest.
So he, as I read it, is simply saying that he does like it, therefore we are wrong.

Doesn't bother me if someone like 4Eor whatever.

It is funny when they insist your opinions are wrong though.

Hell you can dislike any edition for whatever reason IMHO.

BryonD

Hero
I fixed it-

I directly asked you these questions and you have rejected my requests.
I really think you are the one who needs to take a breath. It is OK for someone to not like the game you like. And yet you are taking great umbrage about how my posts don't make your experiences invalid. I have pointed out that I have not and challenged you to quote me. You appear to be declining. Again.

We can skip the quoting and re-reading if you will this time answer a simple question:
Is it reasonable that people who completely get 4E and don't have any issues with presentation really don't like it? Is it in any way imaginable that the fate of 4E was tied to that reaction? Again I am not challenging you love of the game nor your personal opinion that presentation was a failing. None of that is on the table.
Can you say that actually not liking 4E as a game is a real thing that fans of other RPGs found to be true?

BryonD

Hero
Doesn't bother me if someone like 4Eor whatever.

It is funny when they insist your opinions are wrong though.

Hell you can dislike any edition for whatever reason IMHO.
Certainly. Again, it doesn't even matter how much good you say about 4E along the way.
If you complain you are not just someone with wrong opinions, you are a bad person with wrong opinions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads