D&D 5E Are there any superhero monster manuals?

Antitall1822

Villager
Hey, I'm trying to prepare a campaign where the players are superheroes however I can't find any supervillain enemies and I don't feel like writing a butt ton of homebrew. Got any ideas? Ps. they don't have to be official or from dnd they just have to use the d20 system

About the lore you can search fandom wikis about comics, and about creatures with stats then my suggestion is monsters with psionic powers.

Marvel Civil War is a good example of how superheroes can face each other because they can't agree about certain matter.

Depends if you're looking for system-specific stats or just for ideas. For M&M3e there's Rogues Gallery and Threat Reports from Green Ronin, but also a load of 3rd party stuff if you're willing to poke around DriveThruRPG. Rogues Renegades and Rivals is a good 3rd party line, as is Algernon Files (sadly abandoned early in M&M3e, the 2e version was more complete)

But pretty much every superhero game has a comparable book (or books) that you could use for inspiration. M&M and S5E are the closest you'll get to d20, though you'll still need to do some not-insignificant conversion work from M&M.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
For what it's worth, with Mutants and Masterminds, each edition moves the game further away from d20, so if you want something as close to D&D as possible, you might want to go with first edition.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases