• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you a gamer or a reader?

Are you a gamer or a reader?

• Gamer

Votes: 227 77.7%
  • Reader

Votes: 65 22.3%

eyebeams

Explorer
Rogue/Monk, once a week, plus conventions and pickups. Right now I'm torn between adding Duelist levels or the lightly armed Arcana Evolved guy (whose names escapes me right this second).

One thing I like about ENWorld is that it tends to attract RPG players instead of people who read them, hold forth about games and at best, post "Actual Play Reports" of dubious accuracy.

Seonaid

Explorer
I'm a reader when it comes to Vampire, and a gamer for everything else. I voted "gamer" since I'm currently in a game and because I'm not reading any WW stuff right now. I'd love to be a gamer when it comes to WW also, but it's tough to find a good group.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Seonaid said:
I'm a reader when it comes to Vampire, and a gamer for everything else. I voted "gamer" since I'm currently in a game and because I'm not reading any WW stuff right now. I'd love to be a gamer when it comes to WW also, but it's tough to find a good group.
I was in that situation for most of the oWoD, myself. :(

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
eyebeams said:
One thing I like about ENWorld is that it tends to attract RPG players instead of people who read them, hold forth about games and at best, post "Actual Play Reports" of dubious accuracy.
Any rules errors in the Midwood Story Hour are due to me being a slacker who doesn't pay attention to things like the duration of summon monster. :eek:

johnnype

First Post
I'm a big time reader. I haven't played a game in years. Not because I don't want to mind you but because of lack of time. As it is I do most of my reading during my commute or late at night.

Such is life.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
MerricB said:
Anything I say about GURPS is merely informed prejudice. Like, 3e GURPS has an utterly broken skill system, totally unsuited for anything over mundane adventures in the "real world" with 50 point characters.
You mean uninformed prejudice... Have you ever played GURPS? I can assure you that the system works and it works quite well...

Galethorn

First Post
Ich bin ein Gamer!

For the first couple of years I've been here, I've been a reader, but I've been gaming regularly ever since the opportunity originally arose. As such, my opinions are driven mostly by utilitarian ideals, but I won't hesitate to say that the nitty, gritty details are important to me.

Agamon

Adventurer
D&D, I'm a gamer.

WFRP, C&C, Exalted, etc, etc, I'm a reader. Though I expect that will change next campaign. Now the question is, which one?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads