Are you a publisher/creator? Tell us about it!

I have been paid to produce:

• Official 5E D&D game content (i.e., I have worked for Wizards of the Coast)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-D&D game content (i.e., I sold a system-agnostic product on Kickstarter)

Votes: 0 0.0%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Recent news and discussions (on these forums and elsewhere) have really put a spotlight on publishers and game creators. This is a good thing, and I had no idea that there were so many of us! In fact, it's hard to keep track of us all. I wanted to give us a platform to boast of our creations, and create a little directory of creators here on ENWorld. (And maybe drum up a bit of advertising for our products in the process.)

And I know that creators come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors...so I set up a poll as a rudimentary index. By looking at the list of voters, people can find a sorted list of people who write non-D&D content just by looking at who voted for that option. It's not perfect, but it's maybe better than nothing?

So check all the boxes that apply! Then go down to the comments below, and tell us about the project you produced, contributed to, or were otherwise paid to create. Maybe include a link to your product page, and some pictures? How was your experience? Any advice for newcomers?

(This is not a place to argue/complain about the OGL, SRD, ORC, CCL, or other TLAs. We have oodles of other threads, and all of Reddit, doing that already.)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
For my part:

I was a contributing author for a project called "Nyambe: African Adventures," that was published by Atlas Games, back in 2002:

1674230044193.png

I have also been developing my own publishing imprint, but I have yet to publish anything yet.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
There is no option for someone who produces things for DMsGuild or similar. Not a paid employee and not a 3pp.
I didn't mention DM's Guild specifically, but the categories should still work.

Like, if your content on DM's Guild is 5E compatible, that would be the 2nd option on the list.
If your DM's Guild content is 3.X compatible, that would be the 3rd option on the list.
If your DM's Guild content is available for free, click the "I only write free content."

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I occasionally have custom classes or creatures on my website.
Nice! Do you have a link that you could share?

Also, for those who only write free stuff: please vote and share links! Free stuff is important--it's the most accessible type of game content, and is pretty much the heart and soul of the gaming community. This isn't a cash contest.

Remove ads