Are you at work right now?

Do you usually post here from work?

• Of course I'm posting from work, I surf the web all day.

Votes: 69 84.1%
  • I wouldn't dream of wasting my employer's valuable manpower.

Votes: 13 15.9%

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
RE: I wouldn't dream of wasting my employer's valuable manpower.

...Because I don't have an internet connection at work. I do often design dungeons, roll up NPC's and read High Brow literature during work though (page 128 of wuthering heights today...)

Rav

graydoom

First Post
Wow. Nearly 90% of people have voted that they surf from work... I thought a lot of people did that, but I never thought it was so prevalent.

der_kluge

Adventurer
work

Software engineer here (fancy name for computer programmer). I haven't figured out yet if I'm just damned good at what I do, or there's just not enough stuff to do.

I'm on here from work every day, in fact, I don't sign on from home very often anymore.

Worse yet, a majority of the work I did for Bluffside, I did at work. The SRD is a great thing.

I've been known to put off work, because I'd rather browse message boards. In fact, most every morning I spend catching up on all the stuff that happened the night before, and my afternoon's are spent doing a little bit of work, followed by brief episodes of reading message boards.

Pretty pathetic.

I work for a major telecommunications company, if you're curious. Makes you feel sick that you're actually paying that much for your phone service, doesn't it? :)

Lazybones

Adventurer
Hey, looks like we're all lazybones here!

I know what you guys mean, though... with easy internet access a click away at work, sites like this can get pretty addictive. I can say that I'm 100% focused on work when a big project crosses my desk (well, ok, 95%), but I'm fortunate enough to have a job that has a lot of down time in between.

The story hours in particular are pretty addictive, I recommend that page for anyone who hasn't checked them out.

Lazybones

BluWolf

Explorer
I work from home so I am ALWAYS at work. There is no distinction between working and not working. If I'm not at home I'm on the road working.

I fell NO guilt about posting in the middle of the day since I am essentially on call 24/7, 365.

Then again, I'm in sales. There are plenty of times when I am playing golf in the middle of the week when everyone else is at work.

Last edited:

Sodalis

First Post
graydoom

Wow. Nearly 90% of people have voted that they surf from work... I thought a lot of people did that, but I never thought it was so prevalent.

considering this poll was asked during the day- and everyone should either be at work or school, the ones that are at work and do not surf cannot answer the poll, so the only poeple that are answering thi spoll are people who either surf at work, or are at home right now (and admit that they do not surf at work)

of course it will be a lil lopsided...

Remove ads