Are you blowing anything off to get 4e on Friday?

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I'm at work today and tomorrow - but I'm going to the London Dungeon event friday night AND a game store event on Saturday. :)

My book should be at my house when I get home (I hope!)

MortalPlague

Adventurer
As of tonight, I am off work until mid June. My friends and I are going to the midnight release tomorrow at the local game shop (after a 4E celebration dinner at the Keg), then after a day of final prep, I'll be running the game day at a different local game shop. On Sunday, my friend might be starting his 4th Edition game. Then on the Monday, my shiny new 4th Edition campaign should kick off!

All in all, I have an eventful next couple of days.

pukunui

Legend
Scott_Rouse said:
If you haven't gotten your books yet and plan to buy them on Friday are you blowing anything off to do so?

A friend made me some excuse notes and I posted them to my blog .

Here's one of them.

*snip*

On Friday I'll be playing my cowbell with people from R&D.

I hope the note works.
It'll already be Saturday for me by the time 4e comes out ... so even if either of the LGS's in Auckland were going to be selling 4e books on the day, I wouldn't really have anything from which to excuse myself ... except maybe housework or something. ;)

But no ... I am having to wait at the mercy of amazon.com's shipping department. They're normally pretty good, so I'm hoping to get the books within the next two weeks. *Fingers crossed!*

p.s. daughters are great. My first is two-and-a-half and the second is on her way (due in about two months).

Gold Roger

First Post
My books should arrive in the next few hours. I'm lucky they where send early, since I'll take the train back to the barracks this evening and won't be back for the next two weeks.

SnakeNuts

Explorer
I'm depending on the UK Royal Mail to be on time for a change: I've taken this friday off (combining it with my dentist check-up) so I can either take delivery (if they're on time), go to the post office (if they're early i.e. today) or sit around and twiddle my thumbs (if they're late)

I also had to make a promise to my boss to get the friday off: I have to organise a two-weekly D&D sesh at work! Now I've got 3 groups to DM... Yay(?)

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
If I wanted 4e, I wouldn't have too wait until friday..

4e is currently for sale at 3 different locations in my area and thats just counting the ones I know personally.

glass

(he, him)
As luck would have it, I had booked tomorrow of for entirely unrelated reasons (ie, its being my birthday today), before I even knew the release date for 4e. :D

EDIT: I don't have any daughters, but nieces are even better!

glass.

Last edited:

lrsach01

Explorer
Are you kidding? Really? Skip out to get the 4e books a couple of hours early? Really? What is Scott smoking and where can I get some?

Remove ads