• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

are you more interested in 5e or numenera?

5e or numenera

Salamandyr

Adventurer
5e. Numenora sounds like an interesting, if not particularly original, campaign setting. Nothing about it seems to cry out for its own game ruleset.

Serendipity

Explorer
What? Aside from Monte Cook, what do these two things have to do with each other? I mean, why not ask Traveller v. Runequest, as these also have very little to do with each other (aside from being pretty good games).
At the moment, there aren't any games that are particularly calling out for me to spend money on them, though I am generally interested in the concept of Cook's new game and of course I'm curious to see where the next D&D edition is going (still too soon to tell) but ... that doesn't translate into spending cashi money in either case, at least not yet.

Emerikol

Adventurer
To be honest, I really like Monte and his game design philosophy so I will likely buy anything he creates. Right this second I'm more excited about numenera but I'm sure thats temporary. I love D&D and won't abandon that game completely. But if numenera supports space opera well enough then I will be even more excited.

I could care less about Numenera, but 5E as it stands now is garbage and I can't see myself playing it without major fundamental changes, so that's one for Numenera. On the other hand, I could care less about Numenera but I'm following every scrap of information WotC releases about 5E, which qualifies as interested?

I'm not sure I have an answer for this.

delericho

Legend
That's an easy one: 5e.

Truth is, I'm not terribly interested in 5e any more. I care about it because I care about D&D, and I'll probably end up picking it up. But it's really starting to look like it's just not for me.

But I have no interest in Numernera, or 13th Age, or DCC, or really any other new system. They all look cool enough, but I don't have enough time to play the games I already own (or even just the subset I want to run), and I really don't need another set of rules to do, essentially, just the same thing.

(It's increasingly looking like the future is my own SWSE-derived version of the d20 rules, which I'm working on in my spare time. I'm just getting picky, so I think I need to set things out just so...)

n00bdragon

First Post
I know absolutely nothing about Numenera and have a general distaste for the work of Monte Cook... which means I'm far far FAR more likely to buy Numenera than 5e.

:/

Stormonu

Legend
Numernera seems like such a strange name. While I guess it means "Number Nine" (the 9th world), it looks more like 'neener neener', almost as if it's snubbing its nose at 5E.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads