• No, I don't use digital tools

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • No, I don't like subscriptions

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • No, the one-time cost is too high

Votes: 25 11.2%

Tallifer

Hero
I really enjoyed 4E's character builder: a simple way to create legal characters. More importantly for a dungeon master: a simple way to prevent mistakes or cheating.

fjw70

Adventurer
I really enjoyed 4E's character builder: a simple way to create legal characters. More importantly for a dungeon master: a simple way to prevent mistakes or cheating.

With DDB it will be easier to cheat since it has homebrew options. Unless the campaign manager will let the DM control the homebrew options.

lkj

Hero
I want less complex ones, just with better design.

It's possible they'll have more streamlined options. Though I don't suppose that's what the clamoring is on the message boards right now. Most seem to be requesting bigger ones. They seem pretty responsive to feedback. I wonder if you've already put that suggestion out there?

AD

Satyrn

First Post
It's possible they'll have more streamlined options. Though I don't suppose that's what the clamoring is on the message boards right now. Most seem to be requesting bigger ones.
Getting bigger character sheets doesn't really conflict with [MENTION=6863518]dropbear8mybaby[/MENTION]'s desire for less complex, though.

We can get less complex bigger sheets.

I use my own layout for character sheets - pencil and paper - because I find it far less complex than those premade sheets. But I also have a half dozen sheets for my gnome battlemaster . . . I mean, mostly because I don't like tracking loot with my stats, and I track hit points on a 4x6 card to keep the eraser from my stats.

lkj

Hero
Getting bigger character sheets doesn't really conflict with [MENTION=6863518]dropbear8mybaby[/MENTION]'s desire for less complex, though.

We can get less complex bigger sheets.

I use my own layout for character sheets - pencil and paper - because I find it far less complex than those premade sheets. But I also have a half dozen sheets for my gnome battlemaster . . . I mean, mostly because I don't like tracking loot with my stats, and I track hit points on a 4x6 card to keep the eraser from my stats.

I don't disagree at all. I'm all in favor of better sheet designs. Though I've noticed that people often have very different ideas of what better sheet designs are.

AD

Satyrn

First Post
Though I've noticed that people often have very different ideas of what better sheet designs are.
Indeed.

My biggest complaint is I've always found them to be so much wasted space without (ironically) enough space to enter any specific piece of info.

lkj

Hero
They've posted an updated pricing system here:

https://www.dndbeyond.com/pricing-details

Note that they have added a number of features. One that might be of importance to some in this group is the 'compendium only' purchase for those who are only interested in having digital copies of the rulebooks. Drops the price to $20. It's still not a pdf (I'd argue it's better but I understand that there are concerns about longevity and portability). But perhaps the pricing will seem closer to reasonable for digital copies.

AD

I'm not sure if I'll subscribe but I will almost certainly buy some e-books/compendium. The big three starter bundle looks a good place to start and check usefulness

Last edited:

Remove ads