Votes: 11 4.9%
  • No, I don't like subscriptions

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • No, the one-time cost is too high

Votes: 25 11.2%

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I'll admit I was doing some tedious prep for tonight's now cancelled session and was wondering if there was a better way to go about getting summarized stat blocks and spells... I think I'll have to take a closer look. Though it seems someone has taken my handle on Twitch... unless it was me a long time ago and I've forgotten?! :)

Slit518

Adventurer
I might, it depends. For some reason Twitch wont let me sign up, despite never having an account with them, and apparently I need a Twitch account to use D&D Beyond? I could like it to my Facebook, but do I want to keep interconnecting everything? The decisions!

I just use bookmarks and the index... I used to write things down but discovered that I can track HP in my head... if I want to play video games, I'll do that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mercule

Adventurer
No absolute way. For me DnD means pencil and paper. Online gaming is something quintessentially different.
This isn't online gaming. Yes, they've shown some Skype type of thing, presumably the Twitch client. I wouldn't know, for sure, because I have no interest in doing online gaming, either, even if real-time with video chat.

I used the free info in the Compendium during play at the table and it worked pretty well. I'm probably going to get the core books and CoS, just so I only need to take my surface and some dice to the game. I found that having multiple tabs open in the browser was a ton more convenient than flipping between pages in the Monster Manual.

Whether or not I'll subscribe to the other tools, is a different matter. I'm only sold on the Character Manager if my players adopt it. For them to adopt it, Curse will have to figure out what's going on with UA content. After that, I'll want to have an initiative tracker and full-fledged campaign manager (something like Obsidian Portal, preferably a bit more stable) to pay for the Master subscription.

Remove ads