D&D General Are You Seriously Planning to Stop Playing and/or Running D&D Over The Recent OGL Developments?

Are You Seriously Planning to Stop Playing and/or Running D&D Over he Recent OGL Developments?

• Yes

Votes: 95 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 122 56.2%

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Honestly, the thing I find most impressive is how stable the poll has been. When I said a 40 Yes/60 No split in a previous post, I don't think the poll had more than 70 respondents. It's now well over double that figure, possibly triple the actual amount (I seem to recall high-20s for "yes" and high-30s for "no")...and yet it still rounds to the same value, albeit rounding "Yes" up instead of down like before.

GreyLord

Legend
I've been playing AD&D for many years. I've been playing D&D (OD&D, BX, BECMI) even longer.

No idea why I'd stop now.

Are they coming to take our books or something??

soviet

Hero
No intention to stop playing whatsoever. I have no intention to give them any money either, mainly because their products have no appeal to me. I haven't bought anything from them since the three core 5e books in 2014. I don't mind 5e as a player but if I GM D&D again it will be 2e or Basic. I already have everything I need for a lifetime of gaming.

Vincent55

Adventurer
To be honest, i stopped buying Books from Hasbro/WotC for a while, 3rd party companies put out much better content like that in the 80s and 90s. Where as The D&D name brand has been just phoning it in and even pulling back, pushing exclusive online content and collectable book covers and such.

HammerMan

Legend
I've never used 3rd-party material and honestly have always thought the OGL was absurdly generous on WotC's part to the point of foolishness (even before Paizo used it to make D&D's most significant competitor) so that's a no from me.
I don’t think that the OGL is make or break for me and mine. However we are already talking about breaking with 1D&D

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I've never used 3rd-party material and honestly have always thought the OGL was absurdly generous on WotC's part to the point of foolishness (even before Paizo used it to make D&D's most significant competitor) so that's a no from me.
I never thought it was foolishly generous, I always thought it was a cynical and cunning move to suborn the competition by making it pay to compete with D&D by.making more D&D. But strategies change.

Remove ads