D&D General Are You Seriously Planning to Stop Playing and/or Running D&D Over The Recent OGL Developments?

Are You Seriously Planning to Stop Playing and/or Running D&D Over he Recent OGL Developments?

• Yes

Votes: 95 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 122 56.2%

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
This take is a little too essentialist for my tastes.
By what you bolded - that applied to Anubians (a humanoid race), not Anubis the deity. Anubis had nothing to do with Egyptian slavery as far as I know. I don't think there's proof that the Egyptians kept slaves at all. Anubians aren't Egyptians, rather a different flavor of gnoll.

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I know. My point stands.
I know and I'm not trying to change your mind, just to state, I never even considered Anubis evil, you suggested I did, and that is not true. If one considered any deity as good, if a given evil people worshipped that good deity, that doesn't make the deity evil, the deity has no control over who worships it. My point, is you point makes no sense, but that doesn't really matter in the greater scheme of things.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Honestly I don't know. I was considering publishing this OGL 1.0a, and through One D&D at the Dungeon Master's Guild. So it looks like that isn't going to happen. Can an OGL 1.1 suffice? I don't know. The Dungeon Master's Guild isn't selling any 3PP right now that means more at this time. than which flavor of OGL might actually work. I am not a lawyer, I have no real idea and am just waiting out to whether I can publish this or not.

DM's Guild? Wait, DM's Guild, as far as I know, doesn't do OGL. It has its own deal, which would be unnaffected by all this rigmarole. Again, I get it if you just don't want to have anything to do with WotC after this, but they haven't changed the deal you would have got. (Though I suppose they may have damaged the response you will receive - there's a consideration.)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
DM's Guild? Wait, DM's Guild, as far as I know, doesn't do OGL. It has its own deal, which would be unnaffected by all this rigmarole. Again, I get it if you just don't want to have anything to do with WotC after this, but they haven't changed the deal you would have got. (Though I suppose they may have damaged the response you will receive - there's a consideration.)
As I stated in my first post, my leaving D&D had nothing to with WotC policies, rather I wanted to publish a setting for a game system that was publicly available and 3.5 wasn't at the time, and 4.0 didn't exist yet, so I moved to Pathfinder. At this point, working on my first D&D 3PP product, this OGL thing has appeared. And your correct, I was publishing this under One D&D, and not the OGL per se, however the Dungeon Master's Guild where I sell my wares (I sell them on DrivethruRPG mostly) isn't allowing 3PP D&D content to be sold for the time being. That's my only issue. I'm just trying to release a near finished product, and it seems there's a hiccup going on regarding that...

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I guess I was worrying unnecessarily. I read over what is allowed and disallowed for publication under One D&D at DM's Guild, and it seemed my work falls between the cracks in allowance. So I contacted the DMs Guild support staff last night with my inquiry and got a response this morning...

"For what you've described I don't believe you should have any issues publishing on DMsGuild, your product sounds like it should fall within our guidelines."

So it seems I'm good to go!

arcane-armada.jpg

Remove ads