• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are You Still Playtesting?

Are you still playtesting D&D Next?

JeffB

Legend
My current gaming group is my son and some of his friends. I was excited to try 5e at first, but when i explained about the playtest, there was no desire at all to try it. My son replied " Is there something wrong with the rules we are using, Dad? Everyone is having so much fun". I have been too.

Cannot argue with success and a excited group of kids.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Still on it, because we have to fit in the playtests between regular games. And as everyone loves the Caves of Chaos here, the party gets sidetracked here and there. So, it takes time.

Thalain

First Post
Still trying to complete a round and get more valuable info out of this, but mostly being hampered by the fact that the weekend only consists of Saturday and Sunday and the addition of RPGday as the third weekend day to the calendar still hasn't made it into law.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I couldn't vote in the poll. My response is "I've stopped for now, eagerly waiting for next rules packet."
After almost 7 months, I'm ready for something more to test.

Agamon

Adventurer
I've played 1 session at the FLGS, and 2 with my normal group. My group is playing a B10 conversion, and I don't see us being done until well past when the next stage of playtesting starts.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I voted yes we still are play testing.

We've actually stalled, but that's because of real life issues, not game issues, so hopefully we'll get back at it in a week or two.

mhensley

First Post
My group ran 3 sessions and we're probably done until the next stuff comes out. We got a good feel for it and generally like where its going, but it's hard to maintain interest in a game where you can't make your own characters IMO.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I only managed to have a few play test sessions due to the Euro games intruding in the last month (one of my players almost missed his brother wedding because of it) so we haven't played in the last month.

That being said we are very interested in continue laying the play test, there are a lot of things we haven't tested as much as we wanted, healing, xp advancement, combat on the grid etc.

I understand why WotC closed the survey but I wish they held it open or published a new one for those who managed to play more than a few sessions or only started testing recently.

Warder

Remove ads