• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you tired of being told you hate 4E?

Are you tired of being called a "hater"?

• Yes, I am tired of being called a "hater", I am not.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • I do "hate" 4E, but don't like being called one.

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • I am a 4E hater and proud of it!

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • We are all just gamers, lets just accept that.

Votes: 70 42.2%

shilsen

Adventurer
Rule 14 for retaining sanity on the internet - Thou shalt not care what opinion random strangers on the internet have about thee.

Seriously, what does it matter if some poster (or many posters) on ENWorld think that you hate 4e?

BryonD

Hero
shilsen said:
Rule 14 for retaining sanity on the internet - Thou shalt not care what opinion random strangers on the internet have about thee.

Seriously, what does it matter if some poster (or many posters) on ENWorld think that you hate 4e?
Exactly.

I don't hate 4e. It just isn't a game I want to play.
But I don't care if people want to call me a "hater". Whatever.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
The only thing I actually hate is Carrottop.

No one else can label what I am, or aren't, in a way that has any effect on me whatsoever. I'm looking forward to 4e. I may or may not switch.

shilsen

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
The only thing I actually hate is Carrottop.

No one else can label what I am, or aren't, in a way that has any effect on me whatsoever.

Perhaps it has no effect on you, but in view of your first sentence above, I have to label you as a man of great discernment, taste and sagacity.

JeffB

Legend
Derro said:
What I hate is the attitude that if I'm not on the 4e bandwagon then I must be a) antiquated b) unaware of what good game design is supposed to look like or c) looking to pick a fight when I suggest possible design flaws or elements that are lacking..

Zakkly.

Sunderstone

First Post
Derro said:
Not to adversarial but I don't give a squat what anybody thinks of my gaming preferences. The exception to that being the 7-10 people that I game with regularly. And most of them dislike 4e or don't give a damn either way.

<snip>

Do I hate 4e? No, that's just silly. What I hate is the attitude that if I'm not on the 4e bandwagon then I must be a) antiquated b) unaware of what good game design is supposed to look like or c) looking to pick a fight when I suggest possible design flaws or elements that are lacking.

ditto on both comments. Im also not to keen on the term "Grognard" either.

mmu1

First Post
I really don't like the fact 4E is supposed to be the new D&D.

I don't know if you can call that "hate"... However, the term "hater", which gets thrown around so much, I absolutely can't stand - because many 4E fans use it to imply that people who don't feel like they do are ignorant and/or irrational.

smootrk

First Post
Voted that I am no hater...

I have no real interest in 4e, and have voiced such on the boards, and although I was not directly called out as a 'hater', I certainly got that vibe from the responses from the more 4e fanboy-ish crowd.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads