"Armor Wars" Shifts From Disney+ Series to Marvel Movie

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Honestly... I think I'd have preferred a series, since a series typically has more story than a movie. The comics, as a genre, are built of serialized storytelling.

But, if Cheadle can get a Marvel-leading-man salary out of it, more power to him!

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Honestly... I think I'd have preferred a series, since a series typically has more story than a movie. The comics, as a genre, are built of serialized storytelling.

But, if Cheadle can get a Marvel-leading-man salary out of it, more power to him!
I agree, a series would have likely been more screen time (possibly up to triple that of a standard film), but I think a film will get a bigger budget (for both production and Cheadle) and more exposure. And sometimes more screen time =/= better story; sometimes two hours is the best fit. We shall see how it turns out. My biggest complaint is the added delay, but I can be patient for a good end product. :)

MarkB

Legend
Fair. If, when the looked at it, they realized that they had two hours of good story, and a couple hours of filler, time to make it a movie.
Hopefully it could be a return to more integrated storytelling. One thing the earlier Marvel movies did do well was to keep story arcs progressing across movies, thanks to their tight core of shared characters. Sadly, the more recent movies haven't really managed that.

Remove ads