Ars Magica 5e, Rhine Tribunal, 1220

ArghMark

First Post
You each find your way back down the stairs and quickly into the room with the creature, who has resumed walking widdershins about the inside of the circle, absently jingling the chains that enclose her.

Yair

Community Supporter
Leo, waiting for the haunchback to mime, eyes the creature suspiciously. Not wanting to risk casting any spell needlessly, he circles the warding circle, trying to see if he missed anything.

OOC: Leo is especially interested to see if it looks like the chain will move or fall once the circle is broken, but any further clues (like runes, arcane symbols, or whatever) would be appreciated.

If no mime is immanent (i.e. none will be posted within a few days), Leo will just get tired of waiting and break the circle himself....

ArghMark

First Post
Around the circle on the floor there are some lightly drawn runes, scratched into the stones.

The chain is hanging in mid-air, clearly delineating the boundary of the circle. When you look closely, it moves by itself occasionally. The chain shimmers now and again, and at other times it shivers. You aren't certain whether it will fall, but you do know that it looks to clearly show the boundary.

How do you break the circle?

Yair

Community Supporter
OOC:

Ahem, you need to divide by 5, since you have the Weak Spontaneous Magic flaw. The roll also does not add to your casting total, it just checks for botch. So we have just your casting total, which is 10, divided by 5 gives level 2.

The spell you're trying to cast is level 25, as explained above. And you'll need to reach higher if you want penetration.

Really, I wasn't kidding about miming. You can't cast spontaneous magic, manx - that's the flaw you chose.

Let's just break the circle and be done with it, guys. We need to advance this plot already.

ArghMark

First Post
OOC: thats what I get for posting without checking character sheets.

Gorgamesh, you spend a few moments intoning your spell, but you only get the slightest hints of emotion from the creature with the doe eyes at the center of the circle.

Remove ads