D&D General Ars Megadungeon

Norton

Explorer
Portable projector. They make some for a hundred dollars or so and you can project onto any clear wall using the same approach as above.
I've priced a few to project onto a table since I'd prefer minis be on the map, but the rigging I've seen is a little awkward. "Player version" map handouts would kinda do the same thing as you're suggesting, if I'm understanding you correctly. It would give away the structure of the level but not what might be found there. At this point, there are probably Undermountain maps for sale at Aurora's Emporium given how frequented by adventurers they are and at least drawing vinyl map versions of specific areas if and when combat happens would only require copying what's in hand. That's likely the only way to do it given my circumstances.

Hussar

Legend
Sacrilege!
Heh, I understand the sentiment but he does have a point.

You still do have to actually MAKE this monstrosity. If you have three hundred encounters in your mega-dungeon, you're looking at an insane time sink to actually prep that. Keeping your mega-dungeon under a reasonable limit is good advice. That level 1 Undermountain map is insane. It would take me freaking years to actually detail that out for play.

Heck, my World's Largest Dungeon adventure is like 1000 pages long. It's ludicrous. Glorious but ludicrous. :D

Keeping things to bite sized chunks so that you can actually make the thing is a good idea.

Heh, I understand the sentiment but he does have a point.

You still do have to actually MAKE this monstrosity. If you have three hundred encounters in your mega-dungeon, you're looking at an insane time sink to actually prep that. Keeping your mega-dungeon under a reasonable limit is good advice. That level 1 Undermountain map is insane. It would take me freaking years to actually detail that out for play.

Heck, my World's Largest Dungeon adventure is like 1000 pages long. It's ludicrous. Glorious but ludicrous. :D

Keeping things to bite sized chunks so that you can actually make the thing is a good idea.
It took me a many months, maybe 16 to detail the first level of Undermountain. So yea, I know. One of these days I'm going to finish up the last dozen things on my list and publish it! (Got discouraged when I didn't get it out in time for DMM.)

Remove ads