D&D General Art and Arcana for $8 on Amazon

R_J_K75

Legend
Take it from me, I know about watching, they are.
About a month ago a friend of mine texted my phone a screen shot of a set of guitar strings he bought online. They were pretty specific and a kind Ive never used. Five minutes later I went on my laptop and I got an ad for those exact same strings. Now I could see if he had sent me a link or even wrote the name of the strings in the text then Id get the ad, but it was just a screen shot, that really creeped me out.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Yesterday I got BOSE headphones from my son. Texted him a picture of them sitting on the box on my table, to show I had received and thanks.

Opened my web browser to search for clues for Nioh, got an ad for BOSE headphones.

Coincidence?

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Yesterday I got BOSE headphones from my son. Texted him a picture of them sitting on the box on my table, to show I had received and thanks.

Opened my web browser to search for clues for Nioh, got an ad for BOSE headphones.

Coincidence?
A little disturbing. Not a computer guy, don’t know what kind of image recognition stuff they have but why would a text be intercepted?

ccs

41st lv DM
About a month ago a friend of mine texted my phone a screen shot of a set of guitar strings he bought online. They were pretty specific and a kind Ive never used. Five minutes later I went on my laptop and I got an ad for those exact same strings. Now I could see if he had sent me a link or even wrote the name of the strings in the text then Id get the ad, but it was just a screen shot, that really creeped me out.

I've got that beat.
Just after Thanksgiving this year my brother and I were discussing him being out of town for several days during the 2nd week of Dec. As in we were standing in the kitchen having a face-to-face conversation about me checking his mail & taking car of his animals.
No phones out.

At the conclusion of the discussion I go to enter the dates on my phones calander - and they're already filled in "feed ####'s animals".
He'd not been away on those dates last year....

R_J_K75

Legend
I've got that beat.
Just after Thanksgiving this year my brother and I were discussing him being out of town for several days during the 2nd week of Dec. As in we were standing in the kitchen having a face-to-face conversation about me checking his mail & taking car of his animals.
No phones out.

At the conclusion of the discussion I go to enter the dates on my phones calander - and they're already filled in "feed ####'s animals".
He'd not been away on those dates last year....
That's is strange. I've heard smart TVs whether they are on or off listen to your conversations, so Id assume that goes for phones, tablets and Alexa. etc.

Remove ads