D&D 5E March 2022 D&D book to be announced on October 12 as per Amazon.

teitan

Legend
Well, this will be interesting. Monsters of the Multiverse is coming out in January, right? So it isn't that. Either a classic setting or and adventure.

I know: tremendous deductive reasoning ;).
It could be because Multiverse coming in January is just the one in the boxed set. They said the general release will be later in the year.

teitan

Legend
A release date of 15 March 2022. Isn't that kinda tight for it being connected to this UA? Five months out, including over the holidays. The UA dropped 8 October 2021. A week to argue about it online before they drop the survey. Say a week to argue about the survey. Anyone know how long it takes to get a few million books physically printed in the USA these days? With the supply chain apocalypse already delaying things, this will be pushed back at least a month.

The tagline is "Tune in on October 12 to find out what adventures await."

Could be a setting/adventure, a la Curse of Strahd. Could be an adventure anthology, similar to Candlekeep.

This is the Australian store that leaked the Gift Set title. They don't have anything new listed as yet.

I also doubt it is a million books let alone a few million. That would put them on the NYT best seller's list.

teitan

Legend

Pertinent quote:

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse
A treasure trove of creature related material from previous products compiled into one book and updated.

Opportunity to update material with a feel for how the 50th Anniversary books will be.

Improvements based on feedback, rebalancing, new and old art.

Over 250 monsters, and 30 playable races. All of the setting agnostic races that have been published outside the Player's Handbook.

Some content from Witchlight, Fizban's, and Strixhaven was influenced by Mordenkainen's.

Available first in the gift set, but separately later in the year.

Monsters alphabetized throughout rather than using subsections.

AcererakTriple6

Autistic DM (he/him)
It's what they said in the stream so I don't know. I'll find the news page quote for you.
No, I know that they're going to release the book on its own later on the year, I just don't think that they would do this sort of thing for the release of a book that we already know is coming.

There's no reason that they would put a leak on Amazon saying "tune in on October 12th for a new book announcement!" for a book that they've already announced and told us about. I think that this book is going to be different from Monsters of the Multiverse. Probably Spelljammer/Planejammer, or something like that.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
It's what they said in the stream so I don't know. I'll find the news page quote for you.
The question is: why make a to-do about the reveal of this book if it's just the standalone release of a book we already know is coming. That makes no sense. Why the cloak and dagger? Why the hidden title on Amazon. Why the cryptic "tune in"? If it's all for a book we already know the title of...it makes no sense. Much Ado About Nothing.

teitan

Legend
Are they making a to do or are they just announcing the release date? Witchlight got a to do, there really isn't an indication of a big announcement, they usually put that out a few weeks ahead of time. They would make SOME sort of announcement about the general release at some point no? This is kind of a "well it's October 11, late at night, let's make the announcement on October 12" feel to it. A lot shorter notice than something like a new campaign setting or adventure usually gets. This is more like Fizban kind of announcement where they were like oh, we have a book to announce in the middle and it has had little fanfare in comparison.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The question is: why make a to-do about the reveal of this book if it's just the standalone release of a book we already know is coming. That makes no sense. Why the cloak and dagger? Why the hidden title on Amazon. Why the cryptic "tune in"? If it's all for a book we already know the title of...it makes no sense. Much Ado About Nothing.

I absolutely 110% agree that it would suck if they did that. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it past them. (Still, I don't think that's what will happen here. I expect Spelljammer.)

adventure time GIF

Looks like Amazon spilled the beans again, although these days they're being much more canny about it:

Dungeons & Dragons March 2022 Title: Wizards RPG Team: 9780786967865: Amazon.com: Books

I suspect Spelljammer or Dark Sun, but I'm generally wrong on my speculations, so it'll probably a module set in Jakandor or something.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
adventure time GIF

I suspect Spelljammer or Dark Sun, but I'm generally wrong on my speculations, so it'll probably a module set in Jakandor or something.
That's why I keep trying to squash any expectations I have. I want Spelljammer and Dark Sun and Al-Qadim and and and...which means it'll be yet another Sword Coast product.

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4