• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artifacts...

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Horacio said:

Ouch, that's a VERY powerful item for a wizard... maybe even too powerful, even for an artifact.
Well, he asked for it. :p

BTW, if you think that's too bad in itself, its other powers are: see invisibility at will and dominate monster (except: reptilians with Int 2 or less only; all such creatures in a 1,500 yard radius; duration 1 hour; further, reptilians with Int 3+ still suffer a -3 morale penalty to attacks against you) once per day.

Oh, and it's a self-identifying item, too - so you instantly know about all of this stuff.

edit - Its caster level for all its effects is only 15th, though.

:eek:

Last edited:

Meek_Monkey1

First Post
The original question pertained to the minor artifact that the Spider Queen, from The City of the Spider Queen has. If I will have to destroy it or if I can have it. And what it will do to me becasue I'm a good character.

Meek_Monkey1

First Post
So you are telling me that I can’t use it because I’m a good character? That sucks. I wanted it to be…my…precious… :D

What about that thingy on her head? That eye thing. Is that any good? The DM told me that he thinks that the eye thing is cooler than the artifact.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Yeah, the Claw gives you one negative level unless you are a worshipper of Kiaransalee.

Dunno about the other things, though; I don't have City of the Spider Queen and know only what a friend that does have it told me...

(He'll start running it next week, BTW; and the PCs are a party of Kiaransalee-worshipping drow. :p)

Graf

Explorer
Meek_Monkey1 said:
I think that I'll end up taking the artifact and just sell it.

Not to be off topic but one of my players keeps trying to do that. The generally smarter party members stop him....

(The party is good/neutral aligned)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads