• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[artwork, hosted] Cyber Style art and Forge of Fury play aid!

Klaus

First Post
Hi, Kids and Kidettes!

Sorry for the delay, but this week has a lot of nice goodies! First, check out the brand-spankin'-new Dark Quest gallery, where I posted three of the illustrations I did for DQ's Cyber Style setting: the Computer Junkie, the Mercenary and the Gang Member!

And since my PCs FINALLY finished Sunless Citadel, it's about time I started doing some play aids for Forge of Fury. So check out the NPCs from Blasingdell (which, of course, can be used for any NPCs from your own campaign). This last picture is one of my first attempts at a full-pencil style, like the one used in the Lord of the Rings sketch gallery.

So speak up and be heard!

Game On!

Tempest

First Post
Heya Claudio,

As always, I love the style of your artwork. The Dark Quest stuff is a nice addition to you gallery (even though I prefer your fantasy stuff since I'm a D&D player).

I really liked the Forge of Fury picture (and all of your Play Aids!) but, while I like your pencil work, your color stuff just leaps off the screen. Any chance you'll color that one in the future?

(BTW, please don't take the pencil remark as a put down. Rather, think of it as sincere appreciation for your vivid and extraordinary color works!)

BTW, since I haven't mentioned it (since coming over to the new boards and getting a new ID), GREAT job on the Counter Collection II. Kudos to the boys at FDP for snatching you up when they had the chance. Whoever made that call deserves a raise or a fine cigar!

Lastly, thanks a TON for continuing to offer up NEW art to the web community despite your busy schedule and many commitments.

To anyone around here that has been paying attention for the past two years that shows what kind of guy you are...

Cheers,

Tempest

Klaus

First Post
Tempest said:
I really liked the Forge of Fury picture (and all of your Play Aids!) but, while I like your pencil work, your color stuff just leaps off the screen. Any chance you'll color that one in the future?

BTW, since I haven't mentioned it (since coming over to the new boards and getting a new ID), GREAT job on the Counter Collection II.

Lastly, thanks a TON for continuing to offer up NEW art to the web community despite your busy schedule and many commitments.

Thanks for the kind words, Tempest!

Alas, the Forfe of Fury NPCs won't be colored, since they see so little "air time" during the adventure. But you can bet on seeing more of Great Ulfe, Old Yarrak and the orc adept. It's just a matter of me and my players actually sitting down and playing! :)

CCII was a blast to make. Even though at times it felt like my hand would fall off, and sometimes thinking "I can't make up a new armor!!!!". I am very proud of both Counter Collections, even the elementals (they gave me the opportunity to try new stuff, and that's always good).

And finally, coming here every week and posting something new is a pleasure. The feedback I get through both these boards and private e-mails have helped shape my artwork. Just to show that I REALLY listen: waaay back when I was still doing the Core Classes, one viewer said that I always did the characters looking angry. After that, I made an effort to keep every expression unique, trying to give each character I depicted a distinct personality. That effort culminated with the 75 unique PCs from CCII.

So keep 'em opinions coming!

DMaple

First Post
As a cyberpunk player I'm interested in your modern work as well I thought the hacker looked excellent and I loved the day-glow data lines.

Klaus

First Post
DMaple said:
As a cyberpunk player I'm interested in your modern work as well I thought the hacker looked excellent and I loved the day-glow data lines.

I had to undergo some serious research on wearable computers to get that one right. This being the male computer junkie, he's far more archetypical than the female computer junkie (he's asian-descended, wears black, has a real cyberpunkish feel to him; she's caucasian, wears trendy street clothing and wears an i-mac styled comp).

Rashak Mani

First Post
As a Conan Comic Fan I got used to the black and white style of nanquim... so pencil might not be as flashy as Color... but I like it a lot... sometimes colors are too flashy or bright and dont fit a certain character.

Claudio the Forge Fury pencil looks great... more pencil stuff would be good since you can make em faster :)

Klaus

First Post
Rashak Mani said:
As a Conan Comic Fan I got used to the black and white style of nanquim... so pencil might not be as flashy as Color... but I like it a lot... sometimes colors are too flashy or bright and dont fit a certain character.

Savage Sword of Conan was a great schooling! :) (We miss ya, Big John...)

The one big proof that 3E is the bestest system out there? It can now handle Conan!!! (Try THAT in 2E) Just check out the Conan d20 site.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads