As of N.O.W. the O.L.D. and N.E.W. playtest documents are P.U.B.L.I.C.!

This will get my dirty dollar waaaayyyyyy before D&D 5 does. Huzzah!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The Kickstarter is in a couple of weeks. As of right now, the playtest documents for both O.L.D. and N.E.W. are public. Click on the pretty picture below to get the documents! There is no NDA, no protection, or DRM, but please do not distribute these documents yourself outside your gaming group. You may, however, talk about them anywhere you wish, in detail if you want, and I heartily encourage you to create and post characters, strongholds, spaceships, monsters, spells, concoctions, races, species, careers, and more.

new_old.jpg

You can also find character sheets and the ship construction worksheet in the character sheets section of EN World.

Please take the time to post feedback in the EN Publishing forum.

The Kickstarter begins in APRIL. You can enter your email address for an Early Bird notification about the Kickstarter launch. You'll get a warning an hour before it launches, so you'll have chance to be one of the first 100 backers who can get both games with an Early Bird discount! This will ONLY be used to send you an email to let you know when the Kickstarter launches. You won't be spammed, and the email won't be passed on to anybody.

For more information on What's O.L.D. is N.E.W., see the official website.

Attachments

• new_old.jpg
    new_old.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 250
  • new_old.jpg
    new_old.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 27,475
Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I notice on N.E.W. you mention minor changes- what sort of changes?

Just some typos, and added in the test of the "lesser" exploding dice. If you have the previous one, you don't need this one (though you're welcome to it, of course).

There will be another major update before the Kickstarter, so you can expect that at the beginning of April.

Matthew Hoffman

First Post
In complete ignorance - I've only just heard of this system - why would I use it when the Hero system exists, and I've never encountered a setting I couldn't run in that system? I'm not a Hero system fan-boy (well, ok...I AM, but...), I just don't have the time to invest in a new system if it isn't offering me something above what's already out there.

Any thoughts?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Are fillable NEW character sheet in the work?
It would be a boon, as some friends and myself want to playtest it as a pbp game.

Eventually, yes. The system is still in a rapid development playtesting phase, though, and character sheets are a highly work-intensive part of the process, so they get update much less often.

In complete ignorance - I've only just heard of this system - why would I use it when the Hero system exists, and I've never encountered a setting I couldn't run in that system? I'm not a Hero system fan-boy (well, ok...I AM, but...), I just don't have the time to invest in a new system if it isn't offering me something above what's already out there.

HERO is awesome, and I certainly wouldn't try to convince you otherwise. So are BRP, GURPS, the d20 System, Savage Worlds, Fate, and the many other cool universal rules systems out there. Each one plays and feels very differently, with differing levels of complexity both on the prep side and the in-game side. If you've found one you love, that's awesome! I feel that my take (like each of the above takes) on the concept feels different, and I encourage you to grab the playtest document and glance through it. You don't have to read the whole thing if you don't want to (but I hope that once you start, you find you do want to).

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases