As promised a review of Bendy Dungeon Walls Terrain

grodog

Hero
Thanks for the tip, Bill. I just read about these in a newsletter from Goodman Games, and was curious. Glad to hear that you've already checked them out in detail.

Have you used the Hirst Arts stuff, by chance? If so, have you written any reviews on those (to compare to your DF and BDWT reviews)?

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
grodog said:
Thanks for the tip, Bill. I just read about these in a newsletter from Goodman Games, and was curious. Glad to hear that you've already checked them out in detail.

Have you used the Hirst Arts stuff, by chance? If so, have you written any reviews on those (to compare to your DF and BDWT reviews)?

Here's where we come to an unfortunate truth: I don't have the time nor the patience to do the Hirst Arts pieces (that's why I went for Dwarven Forge originally back in 2000). To really get a feel for it I'd want to do enough for at least a medium-sized setup and I can't right now.

I'll take the high road and never say never, but I can't promise a review anytime in the foreseeable future.

beldar1215

Explorer
Nice Review. I bought two sets at Gen Con, but haven't got the chance to use them yet. I'm a bit disappointed that I have had a number of the wall sections break when I was trying them out. Maybe I should have waited for the real release.

Beldar

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
beldar1215 said:
Nice Review. I bought two sets at Gen Con, but haven't got the chance to use them yet. I'm a bit disappointed that I have had a number of the wall sections break when I was trying them out. Maybe I should have waited for the real release.

Beldar

Thanks!

As I said, they look good on colored map sets, or on a nice battle-mat, and the problem with breakage is being addressed in the production releases. Hopefully he'll work the kinks out and I can revisit this product and give it a higher rating. I know his heart is in it and if he does get those bugs worked out it'll be worth a four-star review. (And he should consider including battlemaps in the boxes! :D )

TheGM

First Post
grodog said:

The WebMistress doesn't normally write for us at Wargames @ Nordalia.com, she's the Sys Admin, but she does do a lot of Hirst Arts stuff, and likes to poke fun at the Delver for his love of DF ;).

I'll ask her in the morning if she's interested in writing up the Hirst Arts stuff. She's got just a bit of experience reviewing and writing ;).

Don.

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
TheGM said:
The WebMistress doesn't normally write for us at Wargames @ Nordalia.com, she's the Sys Admin, but she does do a lot of Hirst Arts stuff, and likes to poke fun at the Delver for his love of DF ;).

My Dwarven Forge is mighty! :D

I'll ask her in the morning if she's interested in writing up the Hirst Arts stuff. She's got just a bit of experience reviewing and writing ;).

Don.

ORLY?

;)

Remove ads