Ascension ability questions

Hey Alzrius matey! :)

Alzrius said:
You mean like...the Omega?

Sort of.

You could take a couple of stances.

Firstly that the Alpha created the Omega, which is weaker but ultimately becomes more powerful.

Or that the Omega is indeed some sort of equal counterpart.

I have been doing some research into divine rebellions and I like the idea that Satan (the first rebel*) would in that way be the adversary to the Supreme Being. In that respect he's weaker.

*and a totally different character to Lucifer. ;)

But I suppose the Omega concept is flexible enough to work either way.

Deinos

First Post
I have been doing some research into divine rebellions and I like the idea that Satan (the first rebel*) would in that way be the adversary to the Supreme Being. In that respect he's weaker.

*and a totally different character to Lucifer.

So are you still sticking with the idea in IH: A and IH: B that Sammael was the guy who led the angelic rebellion, Satan is the ruler of the dimension of Matter, and Lucifer is an aspect of Satan, or a different plan?

Hiya mate! :)

Deinos said:
So are you still sticking with the idea in IH: A and IH: B that Sammael was the guy who led the angelic rebellion, Satan is the ruler of the dimension of Matter, and Lucifer is an aspect of Satan, or a different plan?

At the moment its a different plan, although its more a case of musical chairs than anything. I have a rebellion for every tier (from Epic up)...or at least every angelic sphere. They won't necessarily be known as Devils either, that will only be for Lucifer's rebellion.

Deinos

First Post
Howdy UK.

Ahhh okay. It struck me as a bit... bizarre that Lucifer would be confirmed as the deposed rebel angel/leader of devils, but that he'd also be an aspect of Satan, First One of Briah (I think that's the Matter dimension?).

Anyway, I'm particularly looking forward to any information regarding the ah... cosmic meta-devils or whatever they'll be called.

Deinos said:
Howdy UK.

Hey Deinos matey! :)

Ahhh okay. It struck me as a bit... bizarre that Lucifer would be confirmed as the deposed rebel angel/leader of devils, but that he'd also be an aspect of Satan, First One of Briah (I think that's the Matter dimension?).

Exactly. Doesn't quite work.

Anyway, I'm particularly looking forward to any information regarding the ah... cosmic meta-devils or whatever they'll be called.

Probably use the name Sinistrals.

Satan ~ Sinistrals
* ~ *
Samael ~ I have a name somewhere just can't remember what it is offhand
Lucifer ~ Devils
Semyaza ~ Grigori
Gog ~ Magog

*There might be another tier in there between Samael and Satan. With my new Superboss rules I can get away with extra tiers but still reduce the monsters to make them relevant for Level 60 characters.

Yqatuba

First Post
How exactly does astro {effect} work? It says it erases the victim, I'm guessing that means they can't be ressurected? Does transmortality work vs astro effect or no?

Hiya mate! :)

Yqatuba said:
How exactly does astro {effect} work?

It erases you from ever having existed.

It says it erases the victim, I'm guessing that means they can't be ressurected?

Correct. It would be a case of "Resurrect Who?" since you wouldn't remember them because they never existed.

Does transmortality work vs astro effect or no?

Good question. You could design a same tier defense against Astro Effect however I am not sure Transmortality would do the job. I'll leave it to individual DMs while I mull it over - at the moment I'd say it doesn't work.

Yqatuba

First Post
Ok I thought only Rectify made it so you never existed. Also what about Thelemic {effect} (it says it erases also)? I would say you can be resurrected however it leaves no body so only True Resurrection would work

Remove ads