Ashes, all [closed]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
At one time It may have been a elaborate mansion or a warehouse, it's difficult to say as nearly the entire outside is covered with scaffolding. Every window you can see is heavily boarded up but the large chimney pours out a noxious-looking black smoke. Whatever is burning must be producing tremendous heat.
The approach to the building is a flagstone pathway that winds up the hill and around one side of the building. Clearly there is a door somewhere but, from here, you cannot see it.

Heron checks to see if his companions are with him, and then proceeds up the hill, looking for a way in.

"Someone is burning something in that place," he says.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I don't see other options for us. Lead the way, little Greyrat?" he offers, but starts to march anyways. If Ashurn wants point, he can have it.

mips42

Adventurer
Lester, for his part, has gone to search out the lead that brought him to Crown Point to begin with. Though it had not occurred to him before now, the mage idly wonders whether the death of his master's old colleague has anything to do with what is happening. It would seem passing strange that monsters should take interest in such a scholar, for sure, but who knows whether the machinations at play go beyond that.
ooc: OOOH Splitting the party :]
From the small square, it's about six blocks or so to the west to a small hovel that is the reported hideout of the sage you were looking for. Other than it being a very ramshackle-looking place, it seems to have had no damage from the attack or the fire. As you approach, you hear a strong voice call 'you're a bit late. You should come in so that the tea and biscuits don't get cold.'

Kaodi

Hero
"Oh, do not mind if I do," says Lester with a weak smile. "Everyone seems to be a bit ruffled by this raid business. I am glad not everyone has forgotten the simple pleasures."

On the assumption that was an a completely open invitation he moves to open the door, slip in, and close it behind him. Would not want to let too much warm air out. "Nasty bit of business I suppose."

Suddenly he exclaims, "Aha!" and gently pulls Peasea out of the warm place close to his body he had been keeping him. "This is my new cat. He lived on a farm, someways outside of town, but his family had their throats slit and were dumped down a well by kobold raiders led by a larger lizardkin."

Last edited:

Neikron

Explorer
OOC: On the assumption that Penton continued to follow the others into the house...
Penton will sit down quietly, hands on lap. "Things are a bit crazy around here lately," Penton responds, but to no one in particular. He shrugs that thought off after a moment, and his mood lightens a fair bit. "So, what kind of tea do we have?" Penton asks, with a warm enthusiasm.

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: On the assumption that Penton continued to follow the others into the house...
Penton will sit down quietly, hands on lap. "Things are a bit crazy around here lately," Penton responds, but to no one in particular. He shrugs that thought off after a moment, and his mood lightens a fair bit. "So, what kind of tea do we have?" Penton asks, with a warm enthusiasm.

OOC: Penton is with Ashurn and Heron. Lester is alone. You don't get to drink tea! :p

Neikron

Explorer
Penton flashes out of his brief daydream of drinking tea, and sees himself behind Ashern and Heron, disappointed by the lack of tea.

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: LOL NOt sure how I want to handle a split party... BTW, anyone know what happened with Dream66. Haven't heard from them in a while...
Lester: In front of you sits a man, looking much older and weathered than then voice would have led you to believe. He gives you just the hint of a smile 'Ah, hello Peasea. Sorry to hear about your old family, I'm sure your new one will take care of you well. Won't you, Lester Durndrake? Take care of him, that is. Please, sit and enjoy.'

Ashurn, Heron & Penton: It is a long walk along the heavy flagstone path around the large building. You can see where several sections have been added on to the pre-existing building and, the more you see, the more you thing that is was likely a manor at some point. After circling nearly 3/4 of the way around, you find a large rounded tower-like protrusion. On the far side, up against the more square portion of the building and nearly hidden you find the only door that has been in evidence so far. It is a heavy wooden thing banded in iron and a heavy iron lock.

Remove ads