Ashes, all [closed]

Kaodi

Hero
Lesters sits and lets Peasea down onto the floor. He takes a cup of tea and takes a sip, and then remembers the letter. He sets the tea down quickly, a bit too heavily, though it appears none the worse for wear. Reaching back into the folds of his robe he draws out a folded letter.

"You may have heard: Viarmon Trequet has departed our world rather abruptly," says Lester with a hint of humour, placing the letter on the table within reach of the sage. "At some point before that happened, he sent me this letter. Therein he poses a question that I have so far been unable to find the answer to. And I was hoping you could help me with that."

mips42

Adventurer
'Ah. A question seeking an answer.' He looks briefly at the letter and gives the faintest of smiles as he hands it back to you. 'What do you know of Viarmons' passing?'

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
It is a long walk along the heavy flagstone path around the large building. You can see where several sections have been added on to the pre-existing building and, the more you see, the more you thing that is was likely a manor at some point. After circling nearly 3/4 of the way around, you find a large rounded tower-like protrusion. On the far side, up against the more square portion of the building and nearly hidden you find the only door that has been in evidence so far. It is a heavy wooden thing banded in iron and a heavy iron lock.

Heron slumps up, hands in his pockets, and considers the lock. Is it locked from the outside or the in? He looks up -- any other possible means of entry higher up?

mips42

Adventurer
As best as you can tell, the lock locks the door from the inside, with the keyhole on the outside. All the ground level windows that you've seen are boarded up or blocked by scaffolds.

Neikron

Explorer
"Maybe we ought to think of another entrance," Penton replies, as if someone asked his opinion directly on the matter.

OOC: Are you implying that other floors do not have boarded windows? If so, how difficult does it look to scale?

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: Some windows are higher than others but the building appears to one, large floor. The higher windows are also smaller than the lower ones by about half. Your best guess is that the interior ceilings would be about 12' high. The walls are a combination of wood and stone, the stone would likely be more climbable if you did not want to try any of the scaffolds.

PierceSG

First Post
"Well, I do have a lockpick in my hand right now...", said Ashurn, gesturing to the greatsword in his hand.

OOC: How hard would it be for Ashurn to break the lock with his weapon?

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: A broadsword is not the best choice for hacking into a door. You'd be better off with an ax. However, doing so would take time and almost certainly alert anyone who may be inside.

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: A broadsword is not the best choice for hacking into a door. You'd be better off with an ax. However, doing so would take time and almost certainly alert anyone who may be inside.

OOC: Alright, now I need someone smarter to tell Ashurn that hacking down the door isn't the best idea or else he will proceed with it. :p

Neikron

Explorer
"Ashurn, my friend. Don't you think we ought to try something a bit less conspicuous? People are already on edge in this town. I don't think we need to be makin' more noise here. At least not until we exhaust some -- less noisy -- options," Penton responds to Ashurn's actions. Penton scratches his head, not knowing of any other solution for this.

Remove ads