• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assassin City

Dire Lemming

First Post
After several minutes Ethranor hears female voices on the second floor. "The stairs are this way miss." Soon enough, Elly comes down the stairs, followed closely by Diane, looking quite beautiful. The healer had really done a very good job of cleaning her cuts and scrapes, and it seems like Elly must have helped her put on some makeup as well. The bruise over her eye is nearly invisible. The dress seems quite fancy when put next to Elly's plain clothes. Elly quickly glances back and forth from Diane to Ethranor and then heads for the back room. "Thank you for the dress Ethranor, it's lovely." Diane says, smiling radiantly. "I just wish I c-"

Diane stops abruptly as there is a loud rap on the front door. "Well, if ye don't want to be seen here, you'd best head out the back. I've got to open up now, fore disgruntled patrons knock down the door." Says the proprietor.

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ethranor smiles to Diane, than says to the patron "Well then, best wishes, sir". After that, he leads Diane through the back door and heads out towards the higher ward.

"Be advised, dear: as soon as a soldier sees us, he will recognize you. I don't know if you have come up with some credible lie, but I am going to support you whatever you say...unless that leads me to the fork, that is" - he suppresses a laugh.

"Hmm...actually, maybe if I was present you would have to give additional explanations. Do you want me to leave you alone? This way, you could just say that you slept at the home of a friend or cousin of yours"

Dire Lemming

First Post
"No!" Diane utters abruptly at the mention of Ethranor leaving her. She grabs hold of his arm and squeezes it tightly, and then immediately seems embarrassed. "I- uh, I mean... Please stay with me... There's no tell what kind of... hooligans I might meet out here, and uh... I don't know the way." She lets go of his arm at this point, blushing profusely, and stutters out. "I uh... Well, what if I say that..." Her face scrunches up in thought. "Hm... Alton and Piggy just left me... Alton and Piggy, they made me come out here, and then some brigands threatened them and they ran away, leaving the brigands to have their way with me. But then you rescued me! And... Gee, Alton will get in allot of trouble over that... Oh well, I don't really want to marry him now anyway." She looks up at Ethranor, grinning.

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ethranor returns the grin "Well, judging from the state I found you in, they probably deserve it. Ok, then I found you and rescued you, so I carried you to my house and let you sleep there, as I didn't know who you were. The morning I called a healer and now that you are fine, you are returning to your home. Hm...however, just in case, keep the description of the incident vague. If one of them was sober, he will tell that you lied, and I don't know if you are prepared of a verbal contest: you can always admit that you weren't fully sober and maybe don't remember everything". He laughs "The fault if always their, because they shouldn't abandon a lady, whatever the circumstances, and you were clearly abandoned"

Dire Lemming

First Post
The guard is the same one as before though he acts a bit differently in Diane's presence. He stares at her rather tactlessly as he asks for the usual paperwork again, and then asks who Diane is. Diane looks very nervous and doesn't answer.

Last edited:

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ethranor is quite puzzled by the guard's behaviour and tries to understand what caused it, and will value his reaction to what he is going to say. Then he steps protectively between the guard and Diane, stares coldly at him and says "Her name is Lady Diane, and you have no reason to speak to her, nor to question her. Last time I checked, those funny papers allow me to bring anyone into this ward. Are there any objection, guard? Are you trying to deny her passage in the ward? Say that loudly, please, so that I can proceed with no regret with the legal consequences"

ooc: I suppose that I am right on this, if not correct me. Anyway, Intimidate 28 and Sense motive 29

Dire Lemming

First Post
Ethranor's keen perceptions and insights into the human psyche tell him that the guard is a straight male.

The guard looks flustered and quickly lets the two though without any more trouble.

Nightbreeze

First Post
ooc: hmm...it seems that I took him as more rude than you intended.

If I may give a suggestion, there were some of your posts that were not needed: like this one, you should just proceed and make us arrive to the duke's palace: no need to wait for my response.

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC:You never explicitly stated where you were going, so I didn't want to assume anything. I'll try to have another post for you either later tonight or tomorrow.

Remove ads