Assassin City

Dire Lemming

First Post
As Ethranor and Diane approach the gate, one of the guards spots them, says something to the other one, and disappears inside. The remaining guard runs up to them calling, "Lady Melenova! What happened? ... Who's this?!"

Nightbreeze

First Post
This? For Skaia's sake, you should be aware that I can speak for myself, I just do that. Karjat Ethranor Solarios, by the way, although I assault you verbally if you try to use that title. Ethranor will do, ok?

Ethranor puts Diane down.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Th guard stares at Ethranor for a moment as if he is about to make some crude remark about him, but instead turns and start walking back to the gate. "Come."

The other guard reappears through the gate. From in front of the gate, Ethranor can see a bit into the grounds. A paved walkway, about ten feet wide, leads from the street directly to the front steps of the house. It is flanked on both sides by rows of trees that obscure the view of the rest of the property. Four servants approach bearing a large litter, apparently he is expected to come inside. "Come on Ethranor. Daddy will want to meet you."

The guards have resumed their watch now and are paying little attention to them.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Diane looks a bit confused at Ethranor's answer. "A threat? Well, I suppose daddy can be a bit threatening at times. Just be careful not to make any jokes about his work. You know, it's best not to mention politics at all, actually. And for Skaia's sake please don't call me 'ladyship'. If you're talking to daddy 'your daughter' is fine." She shakes her head and smiles, grasping Ethranor's hand as she gets into the litter.

Dire Lemming

First Post
The ride in the litter isn't very long, and when Ethranor gets out again he finds himself at the front door, which swings open to reveal an immaculately dressed man with a bushy mustache flanks by several well dressed servants. "Daddy!" Diane exclaims when he sees her, and rushes towards him, only to be reminded of her foot pains. "Ow! Oh don't worry daddy, I just had to walk a long way, there was no litter to hire. This is Ethranor by the way, he saved me! Well I mean, Alton... he left me behind, but Ethranor saved me, and he got me this dress, and he brought me back here, and he's a real gentleman daddy, he carried me when my feet started hurting you see, so it would have been worse. Oh, and he's a merchant." She looks back at Ethranor, beaming.

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ethranor stares for a second at Diane. "Merchant...yeah, of death", he giggles mentally.
Then he smiles faintly, and replies "Son of a merchant, actually. As for myself, I have yet to decide what to do. Honored to meet you, duke Melanova" - he nods at the duke with a serious face.
By the way, why did I personally save her? I could have just called the guards. Sigh.

Dire Lemming

First Post
The duke seems overwhelmed by his daughter's sudden return, and her strange story. "Oh Diane... I'm so glad you're safe." He hugs her tightly.

"I'm fine daddy, thanks to Ethranor." she replies, trying move her pinned arm around to point at him.

"Ethranor... Yes." he turns to him, and listens to his introduction. "Well young man, I owe you a great deal. Not only from saving my daughter from that degenerate ward, but for exposing just how unsuited Alton Barrows is to be her husband." He looks at Diane, who seems to be taking the idea of not marrying Alton rather well, though she keeps looking at Ethranor.

"I must know, what is your family's name? I must surely have heard of your father before."

Nightbreeze

First Post
ooc: I am taking Tir Lanan because I assume that there is almost nothing known about that place, in this city.

Ethranor smiles and says "With the due respect, i find it improbable. My family name is Itavan, and my father is from Tir Lanan. Anyway, pleased to be of service. Anyway, I feel sympathetic to your case with Alton...I had to work very hard in order to convince the family of my would-be spouse that they don't really want a connection with my father." - he smiles.

Remove ads