• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assassin-wizards: The Broken Wands

Malachei

First Post
As a PC, I'd look for full caster level progression in a PrC. You might consider Arcane Trickster. Obviously, any caster specializing in Rays will benefit from sneak attack. For an NPC guild, I'd have a wide variety of multiclassing, not caring so much about caster level, but have one or two primary casters in the guild.

And in Magic of Faerun, there's the Mage-Killer PrC, which might add flavor. A few higher level members of the guild could be Mage-Killers, working the really hard assignments. It is full spell progression, but I'm not sure if the PrC is worth it -- it does get a lot of spell foci and save boni, though. Because of the spell foci, it will not fit so well with a very specialized build.

Spell-wise, if the character will be in melee, wraithstrike (SC; Assassin 3, but Sor/Wiz 2) is a great choice: cast as a swift action, negate armor for one round (i.e. resolve melee attacks as touch attacks). Almost too good.

Remove ads